1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts
Not sure about the wheels, but the wing is stangdard GT4 wing...

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Only about a week or so late with that story, Top Gear is falling off. What I heard, and what I believe could be true from watching the video is that an aftermarket company has a GT4 that they are testing parts on and this video was of them doing so. It is certainly a regular GT4, that's the regular wing, bumper, side scoops, those are all factory stock. The rear bumper gets switched at some point but we don't know why and the exhaust does sound more aggressive than some of the other stock videos I've seen so it lends credence to it being an aftermarket exhaust. A true cup car would be much louder. I also noticed the marking tape on the wheel wells and the wing, again as if someone is testing/measuring something. I did not see a racing interior, just the club sport package with half cage, there was no race dash, just the standard gauges, etc. so again that leads me to believe that this car is NOT a race car version but rather a test of some parts by an aftermarket company. I suppose it "could" be a more aggressive version of the GT4 but if it were I would expect some more aggressive aero or dive planes or camo-overed fenders etc. that would indicate some styling differences between a GT4 and GT4 RS. It's not a sequential tranny either, that's the normal manual in sport mode doing rev matching and a driver who shifts quickly most of the time in my opinion based on listening to and watching other GT4 videos. I could be wrong and my source could be wrong, but I wouldn't bet the farm on a GT4 RS just yet...

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Agreed Ken, Porsche wouldn't show a new variant without heavy camo, as for the 4RS, f they do produce it, it's not going to be soon, look how long it took for the GT4 to arrive. If what Preuninger said is true, they were short on materiel and didn't have the capacity to build the GT4 sooner, in my opinion they wouldn't start an RS variant till all the current GT4 production is completed. Now will the 4RS sport a bespoke 3.8 or a detuned 4.0? Well, time will tell. IM NOT SURE IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT, SO TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT, someone I know just got back from Sttutgart, he says the reason the GT4 did not get the PDK was due to packaging issues, but he has it under good authority that it will be offered. Again, this is second hand info, take it with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Agreed Ken, Porsche wouldn't show a new variant without heavy camo, as for the 4RS, f they do produce it, it's not going to be soon, look how long it took for the GT4 to arrive. If what Preuninger said is true, they were short on materiel and didn't have the capacity to build the GT4 sooner, in my opinion they wouldn't start an RS variant till all the current GT4 production is completed. Now will the 4RS sport a bespoke 3.8 or a detuned 4.0? Well, time will tell. IM NOT SURE IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT, SO TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT, someone I know just got back from Sttutgart, he says the reason the GT4 did not get the PDK was due to packaging issues, but he has it under good authority that it will be offered. Again, this is second hand info, take it with a grain of salt.
Do you mean for a 2017 model? I did not think that this would be more than a one year model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts