Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Porsche dealer is offering a 2006 CS just off a 3 year lease, 26,000 miles, Tiptronic, Sport Chrono, PASM for $42k, CPO. That would give me 3 years of warranty coverage.

If I like it, how much should I offer? $42k for a 2006 CPO CS seems like a pretty high asking price, doesn't it? I was thinking $38k.

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Maybe, depends somewhat on your local market, however a Tiptronic w/ PASM and Sport Chrono is kind of rare.

Data Point: on Carmax there is an '06 CS Tip in Ontario, CA with 19K miles, Nav and Sport Chrono (no PASM) and their no haggle price is $41K, with no CPO warranty. But hey, doesn't hurt to make an offer . . .

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
If you like the car, offer them what you want to pay. The worst they can say is "no," and you look some more.

brad

·
Registered
189 Posts
With 2010 Cayman allocations pretty much non-existent and 09s few and far between. 06/07 and 08 models are coming back up in value. CPO pricing is also affected by CPO reconditioning cost on a tip could have included brakes with 26k on the clock.

·
Registered
434 Posts
With 2010 Cayman allocations pretty much non-existent and 09s few and far between. 06/07 and 08 models are coming back up in value.
Ash, this part of a Porsche plan or just the way things are happening. Seems strange in light of giving Caymans away a couple of months ago.

·
Would rather be driving
49 Posts
I don't know if the car you are looking at is overpriced or not, but, there are several web sites where you can compare prices. I ran across this one -

993c4s.com/porsches-for-sale/porsche-caymans-for-sale

Have fun shopping!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe, depends somewhat on your local market, however a Tiptronic w/ PASM and Sport Chrono is kind of rare.

Data Point: on Carmax there is an '06 CS Tip in Ontario, CA with 19K miles, Nav and Sport Chrono (no PASM) and their no haggle price is $41K, with no CPO warranty. But hey, doesn't hurt to make an offer . . .

Good luck! :cheers:
Thank you!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you like the car, offer them what you want to pay. The worst they can say is "no," and you look some more.

brad
Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With 2010 Cayman allocations pretty much non-existent and 09s few and far between. 06/07 and 08 models are coming back up in value. CPO pricing is also affected by CPO reconditioning cost on a tip could have included brakes with 26k on the clock.
Thanks for an insider's viewpoint.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I don't know if the car you are looking at is overpriced or not, but, there are several web sites where you can compare prices. I ran across this one -

993c4s.com/porsches-for-sale/porsche-caymans-for-sale

Have fun shopping!
Thank you.

Edmunds has their CPO asking price at about $1000 too high, but I don't take that too seriously.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would ask them for a rev. history if I like it. The fact that the vehicle has Sport Chrono and PASM indicates it could have been raced a bit.

So is 26k miles too many? I would say it isn't considering it was a 3 year lease. Could have been a DD.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Sounds like a nice car. Good idea for the rev history, but perhaps this is not so important on a tiptonic, as the dreaded 5th to 2nd downshift is not going to happen, and the tranmission will not aloow the engine to over rev on an upshift. 26k miles is probably well below the allowed mileage for the lease term, so if it were a DD, it must have been a short commute. CPO makes it more attractive.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds like a nice car. Good idea for the rev history, but perhaps this is not so important on a tiptonic, as the dreaded 5th to 2nd downshift is not going to happen, and the tranmission will not over rev on an upshift. 26k miles is probably well below the allowed mileage for the lease term, so if it were a DD, it must have been a short commute. CPO makes it more attractive.
Thank you for the encouragement!:)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ash, this part of a Porsche plan or just the way things are happening. Seems strange in light of giving Caymans away a couple of months ago.
Personally, I think the limited number of 2010s became Porsche's plan becasue Caymans among other models were being giving away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts