Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In February of 2013 I purchased a tune for my 2009 Cayenne GTS via a group buy here.

I sent in the file from downloading the tune as per the instructions and received nothing in return, checked junk mail etc. I set the project down due to a busy schedule.

I came back to the tune months later and got the same result. Over the course of the last year+ this has been an ongoing issue. I finally called and spoke with a woman there, my apologies the name escapes me. She apologized and instructed me to send the file again and I did, it was not received. She went over the entire process of downloading and sending the file, I had done it all along as she advised me. We spoke again, I sent again same result. The last time I sent the file was 10/14.

Over the course of two years I have pursued this to no avail so I am here to tell all of you this story; I considered calling again but why, I think its time for some community pressure. I know some of you have used this company and I don't understand why the crappy service for me. :helpme:
How long does it take to get a tune from Softronic?

A huge waste of $900.00 :mad:

I sold the cayenne, originally I had listed it with the tune but had to revise it for obvious reasons and it adversely affected my price.

I now have a useless $900.00 cable.

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Sounds like you talked to Scott's wife, you might want to talk to Scott directly, but no idea why you are having a hard time getting a file. In my dealings with Softronic I always got files very quickly.

I'm a bit puzzled though if you sold the Cayenne, what do you now need the tuned file for? I would advise talking to Scott directly and see what your options are as this is the first time I've seen someone report that they never received a tuned file. I've seen people report that they sent theirs in on Friday and didn't get something back until Monday, or while Scott was away at the track they had to wait until he got back to the office to send them a file, but I've never seen a report like yours before which is indeed puzzling and hence my recommendation to talk to Scott directly.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As you say, I no longer need the tune file. At this point I am looking for other options.

·
Vendor
1,023 Posts
Chris you read your Cayenne GTS out on 10/11/14 and sent the file as it is dated on 10/14/14 to us and we sent the tuned file to you on 10/17/14 in which was 3 business days.... You had called us and verified we received it, as for the first time to [email protected] . I'm also not sure why you waited from February 2013 to this date to read it out , yet some people have done that. If you didn't get it you should have simply just called us back the next week as it most likely went in your spam and I could have resent it and perhaps to another email as well. We have had some people that we had to send it to another email as the servers had blocked it in one email account and not another. This is the time stamp on the read out from the cable: WP1AD29P69LXXXXXX 10/11/2014 3:14:11 PM 73.40.21.222 . I X out the last 6 of the VIN . The cable was only used one other time on 5/3/14 yet we didn't receive anything or have any contact with you..

You could have also or still give the cable to the new owner and then forward the Tuned file if I send it again.

Best Regards,
Scott

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the reply Scott. As I said I had sent it long ago and then not followed up due to work and personal issues. 10/14 was the third or fourth time I sent the file, I am not sure why it was not received in the past. I don't see the file in junk mail although at this point the file is moot. The vehicle was sold to a dealer so I do not know the current owner, they dud reduce the offer because initially I had stated I had the tune file and cable.

I don't know that there is anything to be done at this point. Why wasn't the file received the other times it was sent and why I didn't receive the file you did send back I don't know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts