Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Glockman
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently installed a pedal set by Rennline, really like them, look great, HOWEVER, I was wondering if anyone had issues with accidentally hitting the throttle extension during normal driving off track? 2014 BS

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
My CGTS is PDK, but I've driven many manuals before, and have always found Porsches have basically the perfect pedal placement, including for heel-and-toeing. I would NOT have bought pedals with an extension for a Porsche. As you found out, now they're too close. And it can be dangerous. And forget if others have had the issue; it's an issue FOR YOU, and that should be enough reason to change them. You might have wider and/or larger feet than others responding. Ask if they have a set with no extension. The OEM AL pedals are ugly as hell, so much rather keep them stock. If you want AL pedals, I bought many sets from ultimatepedals.com in the past (no affiliation), and if their offerings don't suit you, they'd make them to your specifications for a modest fee. Check them out. For some reason, really like the OEM ones, with the silver trim. Otherwise, would probably ordered some AL ones again. Good luck.

·
Glockman
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My CGTS is PDK, but I've driven many manuals before, and have always found Porsches have basically the perfect pedal placement, including for heel-and-toeing. I would NOT have bought pedals with an extension for a Porsche. As you found out, now they're too close. And it can be dangerous. And forget if others have had the issue; it's an issue FOR YOU, and that should be enough reason to change them. You might have wider and/or larger feet than others responding. Ask if they have a set with no extension. The OEM AL pedals are ugly as hell, so much rather keep them stock. If you want AL pedals, I bought many sets from ultimatepedals.com in the past (no affiliation), and if their offerings don't suit you, they'd make them to your specifications for a modest fee. Check them out. For some reason, really like the OEM ones, with the silver trim. Otherwise, would probably ordered some AL ones again. Good luck.

Copy that, I have not had any issues as of yet,, but I will remove the upper extension...........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.