Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it all came together today. I had to get the car inspected, the temperature is well above 40, and the roads are completely dry. For the first time since last November, I could finally get this poor, neglected car back on the road again.

My first impression ... I had forgotten how good the steering felt on this car. Perfect weight and excellent feedback. It's the little things ....

March 2015 (Large).jpg March 2015 1 (Large).jpg March 2015 2 (Large).jpg

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Happy day Stan!

Oh and this --

:lol:

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
I forgot you had all that detail on the side. That looks great!

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
That's the thing - every time you take the car out after winter hibernation - it's like buying new sports car again! People who drive it year around don't get to experience that sensation every year. :)

Well, it all came together today. I had to get the car inspected, the temperature is well above 40, and the roads are completely dry. For the first time since last November, I could finally get this poor, neglected car back on the road again.

My first impression ... I had forgotten how good the steering felt on this car. Perfect weight and excellent feedback. It's the little things ....

View attachment 57269 View attachment 57270 View attachment 57271

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Congrats!!! :) I've already been checking out the forecast here for next week... and it all looks good. :D

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Looks great Stan, I also love the stripe. This is the first day I've contemplated "taking it out" :hilarious: but I've got too much work to do. I will have to endure the "BB" syndrome a little longer.

View attachment 57269 View attachment 57270 View attachment 57271

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
That's the thing - every time you take the car out after winter hibernation - it's like buying new sports car again! People who drive it year around don't get to experience that sensation every year. :)
Nope. We get the "damn my car rocks" experience every day instead. :banana: Then when we put the summer wheels/tires back on "it's like buying new sports car again!"

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
35 miles of this is how my way to the office looked every second day this winter

I know 981 on winter tires is drivable. But the idiots on summer tires still can get you. And my Subaru on winter tires really ROCKS in those conditions

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
"It" so does! :D

Reactions: oksailor

·
Registered
260 Posts
Happy for you, Stan! Took mine out for a spin on Sunday - couldn't stand it any longer. First time out since late December. Roads were dry but the potholes are a nightmare. Still, enjoyed it :) Hoping to take her to work next week

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
You're right. I get to experience that sensation pretty much every day.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
StanNH - Gorgeous car! Is that the agate/pebble interior? I'd love to see a few pics if you don't mind posting.
Sure is. The color combination is very nice, but I wish the carpet was a dark color. The seats are easy to keep clean, and just require periodic cleaning with a leather treatment. The carpet however, gets dirty all the time and is not as simple to clean. I'm ordering a set of WeatherTech FloorLiner mats, which provide some coverage up the sides as well as on the floor.

Porsche Boxster 009 (Large).jpg Porsche Boxster 002 (Large).jpg Porsche Boxster 004 (Large).jpg

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
But............I will suffer through driving it year round and not getting to experience the re-ignited thrill :).
I feel very sorry for you having to deal with this car on a year round basis. You could always just put the car on a battery tender in your garage and pretend it's winter.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Sure is. The color combination is very nice, but I wish the carpet was a dark color. The seats are easy to keep clean, and just require periodic cleaning with a leather treatment. The carpet however, gets dirty all the time and is not as simple to clean. I'm ordering a set of WeatherTech FloorLiner mats, which provide some coverage up the sides as well as on the floor.
I'm happy with my Weathertech liners, both for the utility and the look. Of course, they don't help when I drive beside a large truck who hits a large mud puddle and throws a shower over the whole car. I DID find, however, that the carpet between the seats cleans up fairly easily with a damp cloth. :D

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm happy with my Weathertech liners, both for the utility and the look. Of course, they don't help when I drive beside a large truck who hits a large mud puddle and throws a shower over the whole car. I DID find, however, that the carpet between the seats cleans up fairly easily with a damp cloth. :D
Have you tried the WeatherTech KarKondum?

Reactions: Lime-Gold
1 - 20 of 26 Posts