Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
AzCayman

Do you have some more photos you could post of those two beauties. I would love to see some interior shots as well as side shots. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Az,

Nice, very nice! And I ditto the above post. More pics if you have some, please. I see you have a mascot also!

Aloha Russ

Edited by - RussK on 01/04/2006 07:30:49 AM

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks again for all your comments & the compliments about my 993. You've raised some good points.

Keeping her & adding a Cayman S would certainly be one answer. However, I have a 2 car garage & if you think my wife will park her car outside ... well, you'll have to come here & suggest that to her. I can store the 993 in a friend's warehouse, but then driving her will be a logistical pita. If simplifying my life is a desireable goal, having 2 Ps to properly care for moves me in the wrong direction.

But all that overlooks the real issue for me. I've never bought into the idea of a Porsche as a weekend toy or a garage queen. I believe P cars are perhaps the only production cars that can be reliable, comfortable, high performance daily drivers & yet go to the track or carve a twisty road without any upgrades needed. I have a smile every time I get into the 993, close the vault like door, turn the key, hear the engine fire up, and take to the road. I almost always take the winding road & seek out challenging on/off ramps. I almost never listen to the radio - the car makes all the music I need. In all the years I've owned her, the smile has never faded. I can't imagine, nor do I desire, that feeling divided between 2 cars.

If the Cayman does the same for me as the 993, albeit in perhaps somewhat different ways, I'll buy one, sell my 993 to another enthusiast, & never look back. Of course, that's a big IF, but nothng I've learned thus far leads me to believe it's unlikely.

eecsdude: when I did my gearbox swap, the ROW box had a newly refurbished LSD. AFAIK, that's not possible w/the Cayman's PSM system.
Brad: the 993 has been fine for long trips, except, as you noted, in the dead of summer.
mpollard: good point which is why I expect to get more than a brief test drive. My dealer will let me have one for a weekend (or 2) & a buddy has an early delivery & has promised me some track time as well. I should get suficient seat time to know 'if the love is there.'
Pong:[/quote] your Ruf is really special. My 993 is not. It can be replicated & I suspect if I really yearn to return, perhaps I'd get a 993TT. Maybe my friend will be ready to sell his garage queen TT by then.
Russ:[/quote] Your 993 looks just like my dream car! LOL If that's true, forget the Cayman. You can buy my 993, & a used Boxster, & have $$ left to redo your garage & take a vacation (btw, where do people who live in paradise, vacation?).
[/quote]joshb1: You want to see pretty 993 pics? Go here: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=165588

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Here are a few more pics. Hopefully a little smaller this time.

/UserFiles/White & Black 008.jpg

/UserFiles/White & Black 010-1.jpg

/UserFiles/97 Porsche C2S 012.jpg

/UserFiles/97 Porsche C2S 014.jpg

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Az,

Thanks! Those are beautiful! You must be the envy of your neighborhood! Someone said there is only one thing better than owning a Porsche, that is owning two!

Aloha Russ

21 - 26 of 26 Posts