Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been planning on buying a cayman for the last year. I just stated a new business, and business is good. My wife and I were waiting for the slow season to see if enough income will come through to keep us going and beable to make the car payment. At first I was planning on picking up a 07 or 08 cayman s. But my wife said she wants a car that she can drive too. Now my option is to get a 09 or above, with PDK. I try porsche financing with my wifes name, cause my credit is bad (short sold a home) and she has a 650-690 score. Porsche says that she never had a loan that big and they will not loan her the money. Chase bank told her she has another car loan 2010 prius and they will not let her get another one. My only option is to put more down (which my wife wont allow me to do) or get a older model. But after reading about the PDK, I really don't want to get an maunal anymore. Any other idea??????

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Sounds like you've got 3 options left:

1. Find a used Cayman w/ PDK for less money.

2. Find a used Cayman w/ Tiptronic for less money.

3. Wait.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Teach your wife to drive a stick and buy an older CS for less money. PDK is great but don't underestimate how good a manual CS is an for me it's much more rewarding, especially once you perfect heel-toe downshifts.

I wouldn't buy a Tip personally........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts