Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Classic! :)

In the Porsche world, there are three generally accepted truths:
1. The more you spend, the more you get.
2. The faster the car, the more fun you have.
3. The Boxster is a great car, but you only buy one if you cannot afford a 911.

Almost all of this is utter ****.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Great article. I completely agree with just about everything said . . . except:

"The Boxster Spyder is not excessive or exotic. It isn't the kind of thing that gets 14-year-old boys drooling."

I have to disagree. Maybe things are just a little backwater here in Oregon, but last weekend, two 14 year old boys were riding by on bikes, literally slam on the brakes, skid out, stop, one looks at the other and says: "Oh my God!!!!" Similar resopnses from neighbor kids, gas station attendants, neighbors etc.

I think it is the "P O R S C H E" on the side. Eliminates all guesswork, allowing the viewer to quickly reach euphoric levels of excitement, without the need for any double-takes.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
I agree, rpsPorscheOwner. When my spouse and I rolled into Baker City, OR, in both of our Porsches, she was mobbed by a group of 10-12 year-olds as soon as she got out of the car, and she has just a Boxster. (I think women that drive sports cars are considered sexier and more exciting. All I know is that she seems to like the attention. :) It was hilarious to see the reactions when she drove a yellow Z06.)

Journalists are so jaded by regularly getting the keys to cars they can't afford.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Great article. I completely agree with just about everything said . . . except:

"The Boxster Spyder is not excessive or exotic. It isn't the kind of thing that gets 14-year-old boys drooling."

I have to disagree. Maybe things are just a little backwater here in Oregon, but last weekend, two 14 year old boys were riding by on bikes, literally slam on the brakes, skid out, stop, one looks at the other and says: "Oh my God!!!!".
You beat me to it...I had exactly the same experience while parked in Solvang, CA after a run through the Santa Barbara wine country. Except they were probably 10ish, and riding scooters...but same skid-to-a-stop reaction. They took dozens of photos with their phone cameras while I was having lunch across the street.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Wow, that's quite a review. It actually makes me more curious about some of the changes made to the Spyder (and if I can retrofit to my Cayman). I wasn't aware that they changed to a faster steering rack.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I always enjoy the Corvette guys who feel the need to comment...

"At $60K, you are awfully close to the price range of a Z06 Corvette. Go drive one and then the other. I promise you'll like what the Americans have to offer"

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Wow, that's quite a review. It actually makes me more curious about some of the changes made to the Spyder (and if I can retrofit to my Cayman). I wasn't aware that they changed to a faster steering rack.

There steering rack is physically the same, I've read somewhere that it is the programming/tuning of the rack that is different. In other words you "should" be able to do this to any same model Boxster S.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.