Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put down a deposit for a MY 2016 Cayman GTS last evening. Allocations are assigned in August and I can't wait! I am new to Porsche and began my DE experience last year. At the time, my dad and I drove his 991 C2S together. This year, he made the jump a 991 GT3, which we are also tracking together. Porsche is a phenomenal driving experience and I was drawn to the Cayman as I think it is a car that will allow me to become a much better driver. This will be my second car and will likely see 80% street and 20% track. A Cayman GTS is an awesome entry point into the Porsche line up! My specs on the build are as follows:

White
Black leather with Alcantara interior
Manual transmission
20" 911 Turbo wheels
PTV
Sport suspension
2-way Sport seats
Bose Infotainment package
Fire extinguisher
Smoking package (I don't smoke but wanted the tray in the center console)
Convenience package
Power folding side mirrors
Autodimming rear view and side mirrors with rain sensor

I kept it reasonably optioned but did not go overboard with interior options. I really like the GTS interior package but I think the standard interior is pretty sharp. I'm looking forward to being a part of your community!

Mike

·
Registered
626 Posts
Cograts and welcome! Sounds like a nice build. Love the turbo wheels.

its hard not going overboard with the options.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
"GTS" is the only spec that really matters!

Welcome to the club! :cheers:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cograts and welcome! Sounds like a nice build. Love the turbo wheels.

its hard not going overboard with the options.
Welcome! I received my GTS last August and I couldn't be more pleased. Enjoy the wait!
Welcome and congrats on what sounds like a very nice spec.
"GTS" is the only spec that really matters!

Welcome to the club! :cheers:
Thank you! It'll definitely be worth the wait.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Great build. You'll really enjoy...once you get it!!:helpme:

Join the waiters club thread. You'll find lots of sympathy there during your wait.:gossip:

·
Registered
475 Posts
great build! did you get a delivery date for August? I got a date of about 3rd week in Aug for delivery.
just curious - any discount? (I was able to get -5% of MSRP)
Now for the long wait...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I did not get a build date yet because my dealer will have the allocations generated in August. So I am looking at a build date sometime in the Fall. This timing works out perfectly because I promised my fiancé I wouldn't buy a car until after our wedding in December. Haha so the day we get back from our honeymoon I'll likely be giving myself the best wedding present ever. And I got a 3% discount.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Got it! awesome timing!! Don't let your future wife know that you are more excited for the car than the wedding...
best of luck

·
Registered
648 Posts
Congrats and welcome!! :)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
You did really well choosing the critical options. That is going to be a sweet Cayman GTS! I like all your options, and probably would add NAV, PDLS and colored wheel crests for my own tastes/needs. I agree with what you seem to be thinking - the GTS Interior option is super nice but way over-priced.

On a Red or Yellow or Blue Cayman the painted interior strips, gauges and belts are sweet. But I'm not sure with white it would be worth it. I like my yellow belts and yellow paint strips and gauges, but Porsche doesn't offer white belts and it's not clear the other white interior options would have great visual impact.

I would have ordered a GTS, but because of limited availability, bought this sweet 2014 Cayman S with 2400 miles, to give me time and a platform to sort out my longer term Porsche needs between the Cayman GTS and GT4 (if I could ever even get one), and at times even think the Cayenne Turbo and Macan Turbo SUV alternatives might be right for me.

Sometimes I even think about modifying my Cayman S with 3.8L, X73, LSD, extra cooling, and big brakes. I recently owned a 2009 Cayenne GTS for a year and now just need some time with my Cayman S to sort it all out.. That's my plan...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts