Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say hello to the forum--I just bought a 2006 Cayman S, Midnight Blue w/ sand leather interior, , Tiptronic, 11K miles. While I was considering buying the car, the information on this site helped me a great deal to understand what I was buying, and gave me the confidence to go ahead and make the plunge.

My life is changed by this car, went from admirer to fanatic in about 2 days. I look forward to being part of this forum while I decide whether to do performance upgrades, which ones, and all other things Porsche.

And, this car, IMO, is the best Porsche, overall of any model. Wouldn't trade it for any other. Thank you. JH

·
Registered
411 Posts
Welcome to the board. I agree, the Cayman is one of the best looking Porsches. I have had 914's 911's and a Boxster. The Cayman is the best yet.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You may want to come to Boxstoberfest September 11-13 in Fredericksburg. About 100 or so Porsche owners meet there each year for a weekend of fun and driving thru the Hill Country. Just do a Google for Boxstoberfest and you will see the site.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome to the Planet Porsche board. I couldn't agree with you more in regards to the best looking Porsche model.

Make sure you share some pictures of your new ride. Sounds like a beautiful color combination.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Newbie Alert...:taunt:

Welcome and congratulations. Sounds like a very nice car you have there. You are going to have to take a quick break from driving to take some pics. :picsplz:

You may find you have a very common problem of your cheeks hurting from smiling too much. The only cure...drive faster:burnout:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Boxstoberfest in Fredericksburg sounds good--that's my birthday.

I'm in New Mexico right now, and can't drive near fast enough to solve the cheek problem, but will be back in Texas tomorrow to fix problem :)

Pictures will follow, and I hope to make some contributions to the community. JH

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts
Where in NM are you? I can lead you to roads that you can drive faster than is safe. A recent study showed we had the fastest roads in the US. PM me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
JHEMP42

What made you buy an '06 and not a newer model? I am going to look at an '06 tomorrow and make a decision on whether to buy or wait until I can get a newer model. 31k asking price vs high 40s for base is a big factor.

·
Registered
40 Posts
JHEMP42

What made you buy an '06 and not a newer model? I am going to look at an '06 tomorrow and make a decision on whether to buy or wait until I can get a newer model. 31k asking price vs high 40s for base is a big factor.
I think you answered your own question:cheers:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EDBLU, what I wanted, new, listed for $79K, and I was able to get a certified, pre-owned with 11K miles, '06, for half of that. So, I will keep this one for a few years, then decide if I want to upgrade. The salesman at Roger Beasely in Austin told me pre-owned had been the way to go for him, and he has a used Porsche.

What are you thinking about buying, features, etc? The 2 things I miss are the padded sport steering wheel, HUGE UPGRADE COST, and the sport timing program that enables you to change the performance characteristics of your car.

Good luck. JH

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to look at the certified 2006 Cayman in North Houston. It was flawless and priced at 39,900. The problem I have is I am a truck guy. My main vehicle since I was 16 has been a truck. And I am 6'3" 255! I sat in it the Cayman and was very disappointed because I was not comfortable. I know it is a sports car but still! I drive my wife's 2008 C6 and I fit fine. But I don't want one of them. I am going to stay with my Toyota Tundra for now. When I put more money together I may look into a Porsche with a bit more room. Thanks for everyones help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts