Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Boxster S with a manual transmission and a CDR31, and would like to add a backup camera (and Carplay, I guess). Has anyone successfully installed the Joyeauto solution specifically for the CDR31 and added a backup camera? Does the manual transmission make the install more difficult?

Everyone has good things to say about the Joyeauto for PCM, but I have yet to hear of someone installing on the CDR31. I suppose I'd rather not be the first one to try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interested in seeing this as well. I just had the CarPlay module delivered, would like to add camera functionality while I’m installing.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
There are several discussions from guys that have installed the joyeauto. Just do a search using joyeauto as the keyword in the search bar at the top of the forum and they will come up for you

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are several discussions from guys that have installed the joyeauto. Just do a search using joyeauto as the keyword in the search bar at the top of the forum and they will come up for you
I specifically meant on CDR31

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi
Sorry not CDR but adding camera to Joyeauto should be the same as I did. These are great solution for 981 to add CarPlay and reverse camera. Still all working perfectly.

·
Registered
2015 Boxster, Manual Mason & Hamlin AA
13 Posts
Interested in seeing this as well. I just had the CarPlay module delivered, would like to add camera functionality while I’m installing.
I have a 2015 Boxster with the base stereo but Bose upgrade spreakers and want to add CarPlay. Please, what module did you get and did you install it yourself? Local dealer said they don't/can't do it and suggested I contact a really expensive place here in LA. Would rather do it myself if it's possible.
Thanks! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts