Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of a 2009 987.2 Porsche Cayman S and opened up this thread to keep track of my upgrades, issues, experience, etc. So far the car is fairly stock with Basalt Black Metallic Paint, Partial Beige Leather Interior, Heated Seats, Bose Sound, and Manual Transmission..

Mostly I have been a Audi and BMW guy having owning a BMW E46 M3 & AUDI B5 S4 Stage II. I liked the cars but felt it is time for an upgrade and sold them for a Porsche Cayman S. However, selling them did leave a big hole in my heart.

I was thinking of buying a new vehicle but I was not sure of how much i would like it and if i wanted to own long term because i originally wanted a 911. it was the car i dreamed about and was still not 100% sold on the Cayman S.

Now having owned it and driving it in stock form i have realized that it fits like a glove and is perfect for me.

Here is a list of my planned upgrades for the Car

Phase 1
1. Cayman R Front Splitters - Completed
2. Porsche Carrera S III 20" Wheels
3. Alpine Navigation Head Unit
4. Porsche Sport Exhaust

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing your upgrades, particularly the head unit. I'm taking delivery of a 2008 Boxster S tomorrow, and upgrading the head unit is something that will be on my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing your upgrades, particularly the head unit. I'm taking delivery of a 2008 Boxster S tomorrow, and upgrading the head unit is something that will be on my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

definitely will post the progress and results... i will be doing the wheels first i just need to get the tires now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the wheels that will eventually go on my Cayman S before they get painted black. I will wait until the wheels are on the car to decide if I am going to go with spacers or not.

The rubber I am planning to use are the Michelin Pilot Super Sports Front:235/30/20 and Rear:275/30/20 :)

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i put my deposit for an allocation for a GT4 back in march and was number 8 in line when I sold the Cayman S. Now i am number 2 and not sure if i will get one for the 2016. I also sold the car to do a few airBNB renovations on my real estate properties but now i decided to get back int the Cayman since my investments have settled down.

I will sell the 18" wheels that come stock for sale and put the 20" Carrera S III Wheels on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts