Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw a post on forums hawaii that indicated the july 10 cars & coffee will be at ala moana shopping center, sears deck, piikoi street side. it also indicated that we should bring our own coffee cups (is a porsche mug okay?). the post also indicated that someone who works at the center was able to set this up and is working on getting coffee discounts.

hey aka, are you the "someone who works at the center" that has coordinated the july 10 event at the center?

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
There was something about patronizing the coffee vendors too ...

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
i saw a post on forums hawaii that indicated the july 10 cars & coffee will be at ala moana shopping center, sears deck, piikoi street side. it also indicated that we should bring our own coffee cups (is a porsche mug okay?). the post also indicated that someone who works at the center was able to set this up and is working on getting coffee discounts.

hey aka, are you the "someone who works at the center" that has coordinated the july 10 event at the center?
I don't think it meant to bring your own cup but to buy a cup of java and have it in hand to show that we are supporting the mall. Hope to see you there :)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think it meant to bring your own cup but to buy a cup of java and have it in hand to show that we are supporting the mall. Hope to see you there :)
now that makes sense. thats what happens when i multi-task....

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Looks like Cars & Coffee @ Ala Moana on July 10th! Hope to see you all there :)

808, are you gonna be attending? Alot of people have been asking, how the TPC Turbo is running and would like to hear/see it :). Hopefully you can make it!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like Cars & Coffee @ Ala Moana on July 10th! Hope to see you all there :)

808, are you gonna be attending? Alot of people have been asking, how the TPC Turbo is running and would like to hear/see it :). Hopefully you can make it!
at this point in time, it looks like i'll be there. i may have to take my father to the airport that morning...so depending on what time his flight is (he hasn't told me yet), i'll either be there late, or i'll have to leave early. however, if my brother or mom can take him, then i'll be free.

with the exception of more exhaust (it appears to be exhaust) smoke that seems to be eminating from the driver's side rear wheel well, and a reduction in mpg, the car appears to be running fine. as the smoke is white, the engine might be buring water/coolant (rather than buring oil as black smoke would indicate). i'm taking the car to the installer this friday for the 500 mile-since-installation check up. hopefully, he'll be able to diagnose the cause of the smoke.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
at this point in time, it looks like i'll be there. i may have to take my father to the airport that morning...so depending on what time his flight is (he hasn't told me yet), i'll either be there late, or i'll have to leave early. however, if my brother or mom can take him, then i'll be free.

with the exception of more exhaust (it appears to be exhaust) smoke that seems to be eminating from the driver's side rear wheel well, and a reduction in mpg, the car appears to be running fine. as the smoke is white, the engine might be buring water/coolant (rather than buring oil as black smoke would indicate). i'm taking the car to the installer this friday for the 500 mile-since-installation check up. hopefully, he'll be able to diagnose the cause of the smoke.
Chris is world class, he will be able to let you know what is up. Drop me a line if you need any help!

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Happy July 4th!

I hope the weather is good for the C&C on the 10th, it looks like it will be a large turnout, so it should be fun. Hope to see you guys there!

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Wow!!! What an awesome event! We only expected 10-15 cars and we had over 55 cars show up. GT3's, Lambo's, Bmw's, vettes, GTR's, and of course Caymans and alot more! 808croc even showed up, good to see ya! The PCA crew was there as well.
Thanks to everyone and i'll talk to the mall about the possibility of doing it monthly at that location.

Will also try to post up pics soon.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Wow!!! What an awesome event! We only expected 10-15 cars and we had over 55 cars show up. GT3's, Lambo's, Bmw's, vettes, GTR's, and of course Caymans and alot more! 808croc even showed up, good to see ya! The PCA crew was there as well.
Thanks to everyone and i'll talk to the mall about the possibility of doing it monthly at that location.

Will also try to post up pics soon.
aka, great job in organizing the event. yes, it was a great turnout...it was good to see that we even got a lotus and a couple of mustang gt500. i even saw a former co-worker of mine. too bad center security had to hassle us and forced us to move way in the corner, but that didn't appear to dampen anyone's spirits.

eagerly waiting for the pics.

btw, let me know how you like the "man o war ruination". as i indicated, apparently, my palate has not matured enough as i smoked only about half of one on account it made me queezie and i got the nicotine jitters.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
aka, great job in organizing the event. yes, it was a great turnout...it was good to see that we even got a lotus and a couple of mustang gt500. i even saw a former co-worker of mine. too bad center security had to hassle us and forced us to move way in the corner, but that didn't appear to dampen anyone's spirits.

eagerly waiting for the pics.

btw, let me know how you like the "man o war ruination". as i indicated, apparently, my palate has not matured enough as i smoked only about half of one on account it made me queezie and i got the nicotine jitters.
808 sorry I forgot to say thanks for the bringing the stogies! Let me know what I owe you for them! Btw, you have to eat something before smoking them!

We have some idea's for the next event to make it alittle more :banana: but we'll see.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
808 sorry I forgot to say thanks for the bringing the stogies! Let me know what I owe you for them! Btw, you have to eat something before smoking them!

We have some idea's for the next event to make it alittle more :banana: but we'll see.
don't worry about the sticks...gratis...as i wasn't going to smoke them i felt that someone should enjoy them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts