Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any fellow June build future Cayman owners care to track their status here?

Order placed: April 15th w/ $2K down
Order frozen, Pre-Production: May 16th (but not before 5 order changes with help from all you)
Completion date at checkpoint:June 26th
Estimated delivery date: August 7th (perhaps late July if stars align)
Current status fromdealer: planned for production and it will be in the paint shop soon -- WAHOO!! I hope this means it's ahead of schedule.

My Cayman S: Seal Grey/Black,19' Carrera S Wheels, Sport Chrono W/Out PCM, PASM, Bi-Xenon w/ Headlight Cleaner Cvr Ext.Color, Sport Shifter, Gear Shifter Aluminum, Leather Sport Seats, Thicker Steering Wheel-Leather, Bose,Foot Rest Aluminum, Heated Front Seats, TPMS, Storage Lid Bin W/Porsche Crest, Metal Door Sill Model Insignia, Rear Luggage Partition
-SJD

·
Registered
183 Posts
Order placed: April 24 w/ $1K down
Order frozen, Pre-Production ??
Completion date at checkpoint: ???? (no changes after order, I was planning my order for months)
Esitimated delivery date: ????????
Current status from dealer: ???????????????

My Cayman S: Seal Grey/ Stone Grey, 18' Cayman S Wheels, Preferred package, PCM, Bi-Xenon, TPMS, Auto Climate, Chrome Exhaust Pipe, Porsche Crest in Headrest, Storage Cmpt Lid w/ Cayman S logo.

I think wish I had sprung for the Illuminated door sil. I wanted Black carpet in my gray interior but option wasn't availble in 06 (although I saw it in the 07 order guide.)

I called my salesperson the other day (June 1) but I went through to voicemail and hung up, I'll call back next week. I am TRYING to be patient it is hard.

·
Registered
89 Posts
ordered April 7 w/ $25 down

no news from salesman plan on calling Monday.

My Cayman S: gaurds red 18 stock wheels with colored crest, sport shift, leather sport seats, PASM, Sport Chrono,sport steering wheel,bose surround sound system, and gray interior.

But I am also trying to be patient ..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Order placed: April 20th w/ $2500 down
Production Month: June
Completion date at checkpoint:June 30th
Estimated delivery date: Late July or August 7th

GT Silver, Terracotta int., GT Silver Carrera Sport wheels

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, guys. This will be fun, errruhh,nervewracking.
(per my dealer I'm ahead of schedule. Sure hope so.)
Anyone else with a June build? /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/wall.gif
-sjd

·
Registered
334 Posts
Order Placed: Beginning Feb £2k down
April: Further £3.5k down on completion of spec
Order frozen beginning May
Build date confirmed for June 19th
Still awaiting confirmed factory collection date from dealer

Basalt black, Carrera Sport 19' wheels painted in exterior colour, PASM, Sport Chrono +, PCM, Black leather sports seats, Sport steering wheel, Ali side sills, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Climate, telephone module, can't remember what else!!

And yes... excited!

Edited by - dans on 06/04/2006 04:43:45 AM

·
Registered
140 Posts
Order placed: April 27th w/ $5K down
Order finalized: May 11th (after a few changes)
Estimated delivery date: Late July to early August

·
Registered
294 Posts
Order placed: April 27
Current status: PLPROD (planned for production)
Completion date: June 20
Estimated delivery: mid July (east coast, near port)

My Cayman S: Seal Grey/Black, 18' Cayman S Wheels,Bi-Xenon, PASM,SC,park assist,heated seats,logo body color,painted wheel caps, sport wheel, mats.

·
Registered
829 Posts
nice to see lots of new SealGrey owners......our color rocks! And it will be an exclusive as per 07 orders ! BTW Meteor grey its nice but not close to Seal ! Cheer up guys your crocs will be here in a blink ! Trust me... COCO

·
Registered
140 Posts
Order placed: April 26 with $2K down
Order frozen, Pre-Production ?
Completion date at checkpoint: around June 21
Esitimated delivery date: end of July
Current status from dealer: ?

Lapis Blue with 2-tone Stone grey/black leather, preferred package plus, sports wheel, TPMS

Tick-tock...
Andy

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just got a call today from my salesperson. My car has entered production as of today, 6/6/6 and he will call me back when it is done and ready to go on a boat. Then I will hopefully have a VIN and boat name to track.

I might just get delivery before the end of July at this rate.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just talked to my salesman andI got a build date of 6/14/06 he also gave me a reference number and I forgot to ask what its for. is there someplace I can look up the status of my car?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My dealer now tells me my precious is not ahead of schedule afterall. Still in Planned Production. /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/thumbs_down.gif That blows. What was I thinking the Germans would be off schedule? Still lookin' at delivery August 6thish. Any June build status changes to report to help move time? -sjd

tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick-tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooock, tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick-toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooock...

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would also be very interested to hear any updates. Particularly any info on how long it is taking from production completion to getting on a boat.

I haven't heard anything other than my build date of 6/20.... I will be bugging my sales guy next week to see if it really happened.

Dave

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Man... I'm glad I'm not playing the waiting game anymore. Painful, stressful, joyful, exciting, and a lot more. Good luck to you all.

Happy waiting.

Shane

·
Registered
294 Posts
Shane,

Thanks for the kind wishes and the write-ups you've done on how much fun you are having with your car. It's fun to read about it, thinkingI'll bedoing the same thingin another month or so. In the meantime, I'm trying to prepare for it's arrival. Yesterday I ordered a car cover and a sun shade for the windshield to add to my collection.

Dave

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And in mypreparation for precious to arrive have ordered 2 pairs of H&R 7mm Wheel Spacers, the aluminum gas cap, have lined up clear side marker replacements with the dealer, and need to order the longer 38mm wheel bolts from Boothe soon once I confirm the spacers fit upon arrival. Also need to clear out another space in my garage. -sjd

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ordered march 28,2006

Built May 9,2006

Delivered to Dealer June 10,2006

Proud Papa picks the baby up June 17th,2006

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Booster, great news!! But are you kidding me? Your dealer needs a week to prep the car? NOT!! I'd get on the horn with the manager and move that to the 12th or 13th latest. -sjd

·
Registered
248 Posts
Booster, great news!! But are you kidding me? Your dealer needs a week to prep the car? NOT!! I'd get on the horn with the manager and move that to the 12th or 13th latest. -sjd

He arranged to install the laser radar detector and the clear bra. I live 5 hours away and would only be able to make it down on the weekend in any event.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts