Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey how about we put together a fun drive in June. I am thinkin that we head up to State Route 20 head over to Winthrop, down to Winatche and then accross to Levenwoth on SR2 and back to Kirkland.

SR 20 is an awsome drive accross the Cascades, lots of twisties and oportunity to get on it and have fun. Winthrop is a fun place to stop for Lunch and then Beer in Levenworth on the way back. Riley and I did this last year and it was a blast.

How about June 26th,

Tentative route

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
My cousin's wedding weekend in Santa Rosa, CA. Have a great drive.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Looks like it may work for me. Count me in, if its an early start.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Hmm, I will be just back from Cannes. Where are you guys meeting?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Definitely interested. But I think I will need to take kid/s with me... hmm. Maybe i should just get that 997...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, let's get some logistics together for this event on June 26th.

Is meeting up at 8:00 and heading out at 8:30 too early for everybody? I am thinking we can meet up at Starbucks in Kirkland just off of 405 on 85th. Fairly easy access to and from the freeway.
Starbucks, Rose Hill - Kirkland
12209 NE 85th St Kirkland, WA 98033

Current list of people
  • Master of Geeks
  • Master of Geeks son
  • Blitzkreig
  • Larrymon
  • Podgers
  • Maybe Tomaz (maybe a new 997 & kids)

Check out the route it's about 415 miles in one day.

Dont forget beer in Levenworth :cheers:

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Thanks for clarifying the Starbucks location. There are at least 3 of them, here in Kirkland.

Early is good for me. BTW, I drove the route last week. Great drive. Especially, if we turn east out of Arlington and take Highway 9 north to Sedro Woolley. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Is everything still a go for this driving tour? I'm planning to attend though Leavenworth will be my stopping point for the day. Planning to stay overnight with the wife.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for checking it's still on for this Saturday. I have not seen any new takers so the current list is.

• Master of Geeks
  • Master of Geeks son
  • Blitzkreig
  • Larrymon
  • Podgers
  • Maybe Tomaz (maybe a new 997 & kids

Still planning to meet up at 8:00 and heading out at 8:30 too early for everybody? I am thinking we can meet up at Starbucks in Kirkland just off of 405 on 85th. Fairly easy access to and from the freeway. Starbucks, Rose Hill - Kirkland 12209 NE 85th St Kirkland, WA 98033

I have updated the proposed route which includes moving to hyw 9 at Arlington

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
I just did a round trip up to Bellingham today for a volunteer event. I-5 Northbound at 7 am is very light traffic and I was able to get up to 120 on a barren hill stretch. So jealous of your drive this Saturday but I have to go to a family wedding in CA. Have fun.

·
Registered
975 Posts
My wife's parents are planning to make the drive as well in their Mustang. They will also be stopping in Leavenworth for the evening.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Looks like I've got too much going on to make this weekend. You guys have a good time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just checking one more time. At this point it looks like it's 4 cars

• Master of Geeks
    Master of Geeks son
    Blitzkreig
    Blitzkreig's inlaws

Dont want to leave anybody out.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Wow what a drive, thanks for putting this together Master of Geeks. The route was a ton of fun. Hopefully I'll see you guys at some drivers skills events or do another tour at some point. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts