1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
I like it. Where did you get them?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I like them a lot. Had I not got the black trim that comes with the GTS, I would have seriously considered these. Nice choice.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
On your silver color they'd look amazing!
Now what did you say that for! You have me thinking about it again! I love CF, and doing the side vents will lead to more etc. We will see. I am still smarting from the initial purchase, the clear bra, ceramic nano coat, and a bunch of other accessories.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Really nice!

Makes your 981 look even more exotic!

great job

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
They look great! I damaged one of my vents in a four wheels off experience at the track. I'm about to get some repainting done and I also want to replace the vent. This is a much better alternative than paying for the OEM replacement. Can you send me the ordering info. Thanks.

-Rich

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Scott, I try to keep it clean or OEM looking. We don't buy these cars to be flashy if you will but it's nice to do tasteful upgrades ;)

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Looks amazing! Can you provide us with a "how to" to remove and replace these intakes? This is very valuable "981 DIY" stuff--we, individually and collectively, can benefit from those who replace items on the car and help us with tab location, special tips and tricks, things to avoid, etc.

thanks,

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Absolutely, I'll have one up tomorrow after getting the carbon exhaust surround installed ;)

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Just added some Carbon Fiber Side Vents last night. Tell me what you guys think?
They look great, I am a big fan of replacing the black plastic bits with Carbon.:)

You should go the Whole Hog" and do the inner vents as well. But it is a very slippery slope.........:hilarious:

And I'm just a wee, little bit, :crazy:

IMGP0096.jpg IMGP0095.JPG

:cheers:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am interested in the trim and inner vent as well, "Whole Hog".

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Absolutely, I'll have one up tomorrow after getting the carbon exhaust surround installed ;)
It would be great if you could also take photos and tell us briefly "how to" on this removal also! This is exactly the kind of thing P9ers want, and appreciate very much. There's a new forum area called "981 DYI" where people can post such How Tos, to help others work on their cars -- to share the tips and tricks that make it go well, and faster, and avoid the hitches that end up breaking tabs and other annoying snafus.

Thanks again, and I really like these pieces you are installing!

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I am interested in the trim and inner vent as well, "Whole Hog".
All my carbon came from DBCarbon one of our sponsors. The carbon also comes with a lifetime guarantee. Which is pretty cool.

981 - DB Carbon

You will find just about everything here. (Plus lots of pics of the Carbon on my car. :hilarious:)

We had a Sponsor discount deal group buy running to prototype all this stuff up about a year ago.

I volunteered for most of it.

But as I said in a post above its a very slippery slope, as someone also mentioned in another post. Carbon is like crack, once you start its hard to stop.

·
Registered
798 Posts
All my carbon came from DBCarbon one of our sponsors. The carbon also comes with a lifetime guarantee. Which is pretty cool.

981 - DB Carbon

You will find just about everything here. (Plus lots of pics of the Carbon on my car. :hilarious:)

We had a Sponsor discount deal group buy running to prototype all this stuff up about a year ago.

I volunteered for most of it.

But as I said in a post above its a very slippery slope, as someone also mentioned in another post. Carbon is like crack, once you start its hard to stop.

Wow...looks amazing...very slippery slope indeed. Cool website as they literally have every piece of carbon possible--most impressed with the driver's side switches for the windows. It may be overkill but for 15K you can carbon out whatever you want...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts