Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my Porsche dealer yesterday..they had one 2010 white CS..per dealer no more CS coming till June as 2011. All I can say is WOW. What a freakin car..I thought I had previously owned great drivers cars but this was totally insane great..this CS had PDK with the Sport Chrono package and it was terrific.
I would have gotten this CS but I did not want white..also wife was with me:) but I plan on ordering 2011 cayman.
My previous cars were BMW 325is, BMW 335i, BMW 09 z43.5i-currently wife car and I currently own 08 Lexus IS-F. Here s pic
Anyway, please forgive me if I ask basic questions but I intend to get black/black, chrono, PDK, xenons, what else is a must have?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
130 Posts
The only way you can walk out of a dealership
after test driving a Cayman S,
without getting one is...
If the exterior color is wrong...
if the interior color is wrong...
if your current car is a GT3.
I had a GT3 fly past me on my test drive.
Even that couldn't steal the adrenaline feeling I got driving the Cayman S.

Good luck holding out till the 2011's shows up.
:banana:

·
Registered
88 Posts
There's a leftover 2009 new car you might get for a steal that I know of!
It's no different than the 2011 you want to order, I think.

It's a 2009 CS Black/black leather, pdk, sports chrono, xenons, etc.
Looks like your car, they probably wanna move it bad.

Go to: Howard Cooper Porsche, authorized Porsche Dealer in Ann Arbor, MI – Sales, Service, and Parts for Porsche 911 Carrera, Boxster, Cayman, Cayenne, and Panamera models.

check out their new car inventory
I thought about this car, before I bought my (white!!!) base cayman

·
Registered
51 Posts
Shades80,

Besides the options you listed above, one of my must have options are sports seats or sport buckets. That is what I will order with my next car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Can you go for 3 hours on the highway without the constant drone getting to you (like in the 2000-3000 rpm range on the fabspeed)? That's my main beef with fabspeed, can wear on you with long trips.
Actually, flying down to Tampa to hear your Capristo might be worth it--after all, doesn't it cost like 5 grand?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Must have options are very subjective. Do a search and you will find several threads. You must first consider how you will use the car, what your threshold is for aftermarket mods and your level of NVH. After disclosing that you'll get a better assessment from the peanut gallery ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys..car will be my daily driver..no mods planned..white color is nice but i like the darker colors..thinking also about 19's...anybody regret getting them in regards to driving dynamics i.e. make the ride to stiff
Here's a few more pics of our current drivers:

·
Registered
130 Posts
My Cayman S has 19's.
On rough roads it's a stiff ride.
You have to be willing to compromise.
I think the car is more responsive / agressive handling with the 19's.
I looked into the Z4 myself...
IMO it's more luxury than sports car.
The Cayman strikes a better balance.
I have yet to come across a post where someone has expressed regret.
Even in the posts where someone is unhappy with...
example... the rims have paint bubbles around the valve stems...
He want the rims replaced... but loves the car.

·
Registered
291 Posts
shades80,

A "must have" is obviously very subjective. I got flamed for not ordering the Sport Chrono...

Looks like that you live in CA, I would get the ventilated seats (you can only order them w/ auto AC and heated seats, but they are well worth the money). I got the 19" Carrera S II wheels, as well. I think that the car just looks better with them.

If you order now, you will most probably have a 2011 model. In that case I would also get the new steering wheel with the shift paddles.

Tamas

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just purchased a 09 Cayman with 19's and have to say the ride is not bad at all. I am in Northeast Pennsylvania and the roads are not good at all, but overall the ride is comparable to a 3 series bmw I had, not much worse then my previous car (2005 Audi S4), and better then my 07 Z4 (2nd gen Z4). It will not be as smooth as your Z or the Lexus, but in my opinion is a worthwhile option (I do want to note that I did not drive a gen1 Cayman and have heard with 19's they can be rather rough). I drove one with 18's prior to delivery and the ride quality difference was negligable in back to back driving on the same road.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I have a 2010 Cayman S, meteor grey. I have 19" sport design wheels with PASM and find the ride acceptable on both PASM settings ( sport is definitely for enthusiast driving). I happen to really like the Carrara White ( it was my second choice). Check out all the colors in the gallery. Enjoy!:cheers:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone. A few more things. Can I get red interior with black dash like this? all the pics show full interior color and the only one that looks right to me is the black leather option maybe with Aluminum parts. Also for the people that ordered their car, how long does it take to arrive once accepted by the factory. My 07 BMW 335 took 6 weeks.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Thanks everyone. A few more things. Can I get red interior with black dash like this? all the pics show full interior color and the only one that looks right to me is the black leather option maybe with Aluminum parts. Also for the people that ordered their car, how long does it take to arrive once accepted by the factory. My 07 BMW 335 took 6 weeks.

Thanks
I would think you could order the dash that way, not 100% sure tho, others here would know for sure, play around on Porsche's car configurator, might help.

For What It's Worth (good tune) mine was ordered in early Feb 08 picked up at dealer right off the boat June 5th

·
Registered
291 Posts
Can I get red interior with black dash like this? all the pics show full interior color and the only one that looks right to me is the black leather option maybe with Aluminum parts.
911s can be ordered with a black/terracotta bicolor interior. A black/red would look terrific, as well.

This is just Carrera red:
The Collection -- 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet, Meteor Grey Metallic

This is black/sand beige bicolor, you will get the idea:
http://champion.porschedealer.com/2...+Beach/FL/Carrara+White/white/530867/info.php

Tamas

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.