Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2008 CS Porsche Design Edition with only 5000km (3150 miles) on it. From what I understand the original owner had 7 other cars (a couple of Ferraris, a DB7, and a SL65 AMG among them), therefore he didn't have enough days in one week to drive this one being the 8th car he owned :)

There was a minor damage to one of the stripes on the hood and I ordered new ones.

I just can't wait to get behind the wheel every weekend...

Take care,

SY

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Hi
my local porsche representative still has one of those 2008 special edition bad guys and is trying hard to sell it (black/black,only few kilometers,manual tranny,some alcantara leather options,19" rim, more hp than standard production etc.).
I loved the aggressive look of your new car but I let it go for one 2009 with the new PDK.
Hope you post pictures soon
Enjoy in good health and congrats. :cheers:
rex

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
my local porsche representative still has one of those 2008 special edition bad guys and is trying hard to sell it (black/black,only few kilometers,manual tranny,some alcantara leather options,19" rim, more hp than standard production etc.).
I loved the aggressive look of your new car but I let it go for one 2009 with the new PDK.
Hope you post pictures soon
Enjoy in good health and congrats. :cheers:
rex
Hi rexambar... Thanks for your wishes...

Just a small correction though. the PDE has the same hp as the CS at 295hp.

Mine is the 5spd Tiptronic S. Too much traffic here in Istanbul for manuals :)

Thanks again.

SY

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some iPhone photos of my new ride...

SY

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
There was a minor damage to one of the stripes on the hood and I ordered new ones.
So, the DE stripes are tape/decals? I expected them to be painted, under the clear coat. Doesn't that make them suseptible to damage and wax build-up?

Beautiful car - enjoy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, the DE stripes are tape/decals? I expected them to be painted, under the clear coat. Doesn't that make them suseptible to damage and wax build-up?

Beautiful car - enjoy.
Thanks a lot.

Yes they're decals and they look like vinyl to me though I am no expert. And yes damages and wax build up is an issue...

SY

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i love that car. congrats.

Did you get the briefcase full of goodies as well?
No. The original owner kept those. I wouldn't want his 2 yr old sunglasses and luggage anyway :)

SY

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice ride indeed! I too am the proud owner of a Design Edition. The USA has kinda been on sale these days, our dollar is now close to par so I couldn't help myself. I picked up a PDE 1 with 9000 miles. Great option list and it is 003 out of 777. I am picking her up at the border this week.

Cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good news from Canada, then :)

I wonder if anyone got No001 or it is still owned by Porsche?

SY

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats on the PDE-1, asircali! It's a beautiful take on a wonderful car! I love my #297. Enjoy!

g-money,
you may want to look on ebay for those stripes. I have seen sellers in the past 2 weeks offering full PDE-1 striping kits (not Porsche's, I think, but they look good in all the photos) for as low as US$80 plus shipping; may be worth a look. Have been thinking of it myself as the previous owner of my PDE managed to nick a few of the stripes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.