Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2010 Turbo last Sunday. I sold my 2008 Cayman S and will also sell my 2009 C4S. I can tell you this new Turbo is unbelievable. I bought it from Walter's in Riverside Ca and I'm very pleased. I went away on business the day after I bought it and just got home but I will take it for a run along the twisty hills near San Diego today. Attached is a photo of it in my garage next to my C4S. I have to say that I thought the C4S was amazing which it is but just not in the same league as the 2010 Turbo.

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
When you get a chance to drive it hard:drivingskid: please let us know its strong points, and tradeoffs that every car has. More pictures when you have an oportunity would be nice.:picsplz:

Now go out and drive it!, The garage is just temporary storage.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on the new car, what made you think a Carrera was in the same class as a turbo?
Thanks! I probably used the wrong words here. I knew it wasn't in the same class as I've driven Turbos before but this one is unlike any other I've driven.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you get a chance to drive it hard:drivingskid: please let us know its strong points, and tradeoffs that every car has. More pictures when you have an oportunity would be nice.:picsplz:

Now go out and drive it!, The garage is just temporary storage.
I definitely will let you know! I'm taking it out now for it's truly first run! I'll also post more photos!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Many congrats. Can't wait for a detailed review!

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats. Sounds funny to sell two newer cars to buy one even newer car.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. It's amazing to see the improvements that have been made on the new turbo even compared to the previous 997 turbo.

Leave it to Porsche to increase horsepower by 20 and increase fuel efficiency by 16%.

Did you opt for the center lock wheels or the new turbo II wheels?

BTW I recommend putting some clear side markers up front if you have not already done so. A great modification on a white car for around $40.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Wow! I sat in one at a Canadian dealer last weekend. That's as close as I'll ever get. $187,000 CAD.

Enjoy:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
$400K+ AUD, may the dreaming continue :sleep:

Congrats all the same, you're no stranger to Porsche it would seem, you must have a close relationship with the the dealer. :)

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, you're living the dream, congrats!
Thank you! I've been very fortunate. After I bought my 2008 Cayman I became "Hooked" on Porsche. I think this will be it for me on Porsches for quite some time! It's hard to see how they could get any better!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats on the purchase. It's amazing to see the improvements that have been made on the new turbo even compared to the previous 997 turbo.

Leave it to Porsche to increase horsepower by 20 and increase fuel efficiency by 16%.

Did you opt for the center lock wheels or the new turbo II wheels?

BTW I recommend putting some clear side markers up front if you have not already done so. A great modification on a white car for around $40.
Thanks. You are correct on the improvements. I drove a 2008 Turbo and I have to say the 2010 is so much improved and that is saying something! I did not opt for centre lock wheels. They are the Turbo II wheels which are actually very nice and have a grey look to them. I did get the clear side markers thrown in by the dealer as you are right it definitely makes a difference on white. I'll post the photos asap.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
$400K+ AUD, may the dreaming continue :sleep:

Congrats all the same, you're no stranger to Porsche it would seem, you must have a close relationship with the the dealer. :)
Thank you! Actually the dealer that I bought my Cayman and C4S from had pre-sold their allocation. I researched through all the dealers in California and Walters in Riverside who were excellent to deal with had the one with the options I felt were a perfect fit for me. I bought my Cayman S and C4S at Hoen Porsche in Carlsbad and they were great also I must say.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats and please stick around and keep us up to date on the car and consider doing an article here if you do mods to it etc!
Thank you! I definitely will. I took it for a drive through the hills of North San Diego County and over to Pacific Coast Highway and I can truly say that it is a stunning car in every way. It has the the new PTV and the Sport Chrono Package with Dynamic Engine Mounts. I'll provide more details later but the confidence in which you can enter and exit a corner with the PTV is incredible. I have driven the older Turbos and it is obvious the new PTV technology has a massive effect on stability. There is never a sense of insecurity or a feeling that it could under or oversteer. This car provides total confidence and you are assured it will go where you point it. More to follow....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts