Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought my first Porsche, a 2016 Cayman base manual, and I'm excited to join everyone here!

I've loved Porsches for a long time, but up until now have stuck to muscle cars. All of this quarantine time has let me find the time do learn a lot about these cars, and after searching everywhere for what I wanted I finally found one! It was a long haul to get it (800 miles one way), but made an interesting trip for sure!

So far I really love this car! So much fun to drive. Glad to be a member of this community!

Scott

·
Registered
219 Posts
Nice, that's the same model I got (and continue to have) as my first Porsche. Might be a little less torque than you're used to, but it just feels so good to drive.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So I just bought my first Porsche, a 2016 Cayman base manual, and I'm excited to join everyone here!

I've loved Porsches for a long time, but up until now have stuck to muscle cars. All of this quarantine time has let me find the time do learn a lot about these cars, and after searching everywhere for what I wanted I finally found one! It was a long haul to get it (800 miles one way), but made an interesting trip for sure!

So far I really love this car! So much fun to drive. Glad to be a member of this community!

Scott
Scott,

Welcome to the group. This is a great community and a great resource regarding our wonderful machines.

I have a 2015 Cayman base and I love it it, as well. Such a wonderful car to drive!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Congrats! A lot of us had a similar experience buying one from a distance. I bought mine from a guy in Nashville. The first time I saw it in person is when he picked my wife and me up from the airport and from there we headed to the bank to sign the papers. Drove it back to Dallas that afternoon. That was 3.5 years and 54000 miles ago.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congrats! A lot of us had a similar experience buying one from a distance. I bought mine from a guy in Nashville. The first time I saw it in person is when he picked my wife and me up from the airport and from there we headed to the bank to sign the papers. Drove it back to Dallas that afternoon. That was 3.5 years and 54000 miles ago.
Where did you all sit?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Congratulations!

By the way, there is really nothing base with 2.7 liter engine. Unknown (but very large) number of people would absolutely LOVE to have one of those. When you have time, share some pictures and most important "options" in the configuration for you.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Where did you all sit?
He gave me the keys and my wife and I drove the Porsche and followed him and his son to the bank to finish off the paperwork and give him the last part of the money.

We had a exchanged a signed purchase agreement, and I had initiated the loan payoff, so there was a level of trust built already. I had also had him take the car to get a PPI done by the local Porsche dealer a few weeks earlier. They just had the car in for the 20K mile maintenance a few weeks earlier, so they were familiar with the car. He had also sent me pictures of all the maintenance records to verify the state of the car. I picked the bank location, and the bank where he had the loan was Bank of America, where I'm a Platinum customer, so felt I had a little more easy about that.

So a lot of I's dotted and T's crossed beforehand, but still a little bit wary of doing such a large person-to-person transaction remotely. In the end, you have to trust but verify.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congratulations!

By the way, there is really nothing base with 2.7 liter engine. Unknown (but very large) number of people would absolutely LOVE to have one of those. When you have time, share some pictures and most important "options" in the configuration for you.

Enjoy!

Thanks Cinci!

You are right, the 2.7 is a nice motor. My first choice was a 3.4, but I couldn't justify the extra cost. For me since this car will be my daily driver, I think I made the right decision.

My car was configured as follows.....

18" Cayman Wheels
Manual transmission
PDLS
Black Exterior
Standard interior i.c.w. Leather Seats in Black
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus with Memory Package
Premium Package
Infotainment Package with Bose

This car is a blast to drive! Was well worth the 1500 mile round trip to get! I will share some pictures soon.

Scott

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks Cinci!

You are right, the 2.7 is a nice motor. My first choice was a 3.4, but I couldn't justify the extra cost. For me since this car will be my daily driver, I think I made the right decision.

My car was configured as follows.....

18" Cayman Wheels
Manual transmission
PDLS
Black Exterior
Standard interior i.c.w. Leather Seats in Black
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus with Memory Package
Premium Package
Infotainment Package with Bose

This car is a blast to drive! Was well worth the 1500 mile round trip to get! I will share some pictures soon.

Scott
18 way seats in a base Cayman is a very rare combination. How do you like the seats?

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Happy motoring

1 - 12 of 12 Posts