Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a used Cayman S with 10k miles on it. Slate Grey, Black Interior. Certified warranty and all that jazz.

I pick it up tomorrow at 4 pm after it's been detailed and everything.

Here's a link if it works. http://dealerrevs.com/car/19356484

I cannot wait! to get my hands on this thing tomorrow. It was a huge decision and I was really nervous. So much of me was saying to go with comfort and buy an audi, mercedes, bmw etc that offer luxury and all the accessories like nav, rear camera etc etc.

In the end after another test drive and a friend that was going nuts, I chose the car, wrote the contract and now I'm just waiting. Hope I made the right choice!

This looks like the best Porsche site I've found so far.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
So much of me was saying to go with comfort and buy an audi, mercedes, bmw etc that offer luxury and all the accessories like nav, rear camera etc etc.
After a few drives in your new Cayman you'll forget about all that other stuff.

I used to have a Bimmer 5 series. Nice car, but the Porsche ownership experience is another order of magnitude. Congrats on your decision, and welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Sicshift welcome to the site :cheers:

It's a Porsche you can't go wrong, and you'll see that everything about it will make you and others smile

Don't to forget to post some pics and specs up when yiou stop driving it and giggling like a girl :hilarious:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Enjoy! It just gets better & better. Best car I ever owned.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,272 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new car.

·
Cayman Register Advocate
7,305 Posts
Welcome to the obsession. :)

After a few drives in your new Cayman you'll forget about all that other stuff.

I used to have a Bimmer 5 series. Nice car, but the Porsche ownership experience is another order of magnitude. Congrats on your decision, and welcome to the forum!
And to our good ol friend P-Nut, Welcome back. It's nice to see your name again. Looks like you took some time off. The place wasn't the same without you. ;)

·
Porsche Prophet
942 Posts
I have owned many a German car...MB, BMW, VW, etc...nothing comes close to the "P" car...here are a few things you will notice from when you pick it up...
you will walk away backwards every time you park it...
you will always want to have it clean...
all kinds of people will give you the thumbs up (young & old, male & female)...
you will want to keep it "stock",,,until you do your first "mod"...then you will not be able to control yourself...
the ownership of this car will become a way of life...not "just owning another car"...

When you pick it up...open the windows, turn off the radio, pick out your favor piece of road and enjoy the sound that can only be a Porsche...

BTW...best website there is for all things Cayman...

ENJOY!

·
Registered
53 Posts
4 more hours til I can pick it up. Longest 4 hours of my life except when waiting for sex. LOL.
Ahh yes, but which is better?? The way I figure it, once I get my CS next year, if the wife won't put out, I'm taking the car out for a drive. Congrats on your purchase.

·
Northeast Caymans
478 Posts
I have owned many a German car...MB, BMW, VW, etc...nothing comes close to the "P" car...here are a few things you will notice from when you pick it up...
you will walk away backwards every time you park it...
you will always want to have it clean...
all kinds of people will give you the thumbs up (young & old, male & female)...
you will want to keep it "stock",,,until you do your first "mod"...then you will not be able to control yourself...
the ownership of this car will become a way of life...not "just owning another car"...

When you pick it up...open the windows, turn off the radio, pick out your favor piece of road and enjoy the sound that can only be a Porsche...

BTW...best website there is for all things Cayman...

ENJOY!
Very well said...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks guys! You're all very welcoming. Reminds me some some cigar websites.

Anyway, I got the car at 2:30. Took it to my brother for a ride, had some fun with it but I was pretty wiped out so just came home and napped. Tomorrow will be more fun.

I woke up with serious buyers remorse. Worried about not fitting in the car, al l kinds of things. Felt horrible.

Main issue is I'm 6' tall. But I'm all torso, no leg. So length isn't an issue but I sit so damn tall, I see very little in the windshield as for sky and stuff. throw's me off a bit. Still, just getting used to it.

I walked out and looked at the car, it all went away.

I have a day or two to pay for the special protection for 1300 bucks to cover damaged tires etc. Is this worth it?? Let me know.

Thanks all. I'll be looking around. Thinking maybe a radar detector? Not sure.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Congrat's!

Main issue is I'm 6' tall. But I'm all torso, no leg. So length isn't an issue but I sit so damn tall, I see very little in the windshield as for sky and stuff. throw's me off a bit. Still, just getting used to it.
Be sure to read the manual, lots of good stuff in there. You probably already know this, but the seat height is adjustable, so make sure it's all the way down...

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
You'll get over it. The car will grow on you day by day.
$1,300 sounds like a lot for the tire and wheel protection; however, I tore up a Carrera S rim and tire and it ran almost $1,750 by the time it was all over. Thre might be some better plans out there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats!

I just bought my first Porsche as well!

An 09 CS. - PDK
Black/Black
Black - 19" Carrera S II wheel
Sport Chrono Package Plus
PCM

I pick it up on the 24th. I am having a clear bra and dark tint put on it....
I can't wait. Trading in my BMW. I will post pics when it is here.

Any thoughts on the Tire/Wheel warranty?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats!

I just bought my first Porsche as well!

An 09 CS. - PDK
Black/Black
Black - 19" Carrera S II wheel
Sport Chrono Package Plus
PCM

I pick it up on the 24th. I am having a clear bra and dark tint put on it....
I can't wait. Trading in my BMW. I will post pics when it is here.

Any thoughts on the Tire/Wheel warranty?

Very nice!

I'm really thinking about that tire/wheel warranty too. Guess we have a couple days.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I would stay away from the tire/wheel warranty. If you want, put that money in a bond fund, money market fund or savings account where it is accessible in case you need it and presto, you have your own wheel/tire fund. If you don't ever use it, you just saved $1300 plus interest/investment gains.

Congrats on your purchase. I'm a little over 6' myself and don't have any issues so you should be fine. I think the cockpit of the Cayman is a little more cozy than you are used to. If you wanted to see sky then you might of looked at a Boxster. ;)

Just kidding, I think you made a great choice!

This is the best site for all things Cayman!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts