Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
As the title says, anybody else with this combo, Boxster or Cayman?
I have a 2014 Cayman S with this (agate grey/pebble). I just bought it a month ago, I wanted white exterior + black interior but this white exterior car came along with the other impossible to find option combinations I wanted so I jumped despite the agate interior. Wasn't sure at first about how I would like it, but I think I'm very satisfied with my decision now, and everyone who has seen it thinks it looks nice and much more unique than black.

If you're thinking about getting one, just be aware it's very much like the agate grey exterior - it will have a brown tint when in sunlight. It looks true grey at night. I saw all the pictures on google like the one you post, because I didn't get to see the car in person before buying... and I assure you that picture is not an accurate representation of the agate color in that kind of sunlight. Not sure if that's why you ask, but hope that helps. Happy to get pics if you want to see..

·
Registered
10 Posts
2014 Cayman S (to get as far down on 981 depreciation curve as I could)
And in order of importance
White (strongly preferred), Dark Blue or perhaps Agate exterior
Manual
black interior
PTV
PSE
PASM or X73
CPO if possible
Sport Chrono

PTV with manual transmission filter for 981s of any year on porsche CPO locator finds about 3 at any given time, usually none in white. Other things were negotiable. I got everything w/ CPO + ventilated seats. I haven't found another I would buy this year, so I'm glad I jumped even though I had to get it from Seattle to Boston...!

Sorry for the divergence, Andy - What in particular did you want to know about the interior color?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
PTV with manual transmission filter for 981s of any year on porsche CPO locator finds about 3 at any given time, usually none in white. Other things were negotiable. I got everything w/ CPO + ventilated seats. I haven't found another I would buy this year, so I'm glad I jumped even though I had to get it from Seattle to Boston...!
Any one of the options used as a single filter would reduce the field by maybe 25-45%. However, if that filter is MT, consider at least 75% (or higher) culling rate :) Anything you add after that, moves it towards or straight into 99th percentile and then very quickly into Unicorn realm. Consider yourself a lottery winner with that list you had to start with. I know, that's why I ordered mine, got tired of having to drop at least two of the (admittedly short) list of options I wanted - even when going for used GTS which has PSE and PASM standard. Ludicrous.

Glad you got your Unicorn. Enjoy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, it took 6 months but one eventually came around! And you are right, the less painful way to do it is buy new and configure yourself, but sometimes the hunt is as fun as the meal. You know, like finding someone to marry! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I picked up a 2014 base cayman a month ago thats rhodium silver with pebble/agate interior. I wasn't sure if I liked it in pictures, but in person it looks good and it has grown on me substantially since I got it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 2014 Cayman S with this (agate grey/pebble). I just bought it a month ago, I wanted white exterior + black interior but this white exterior car came along with the other impossible to find option combinations I wanted so I jumped despite the agate interior. Wasn't sure at first about how I would like it, but I think I'm very satisfied with my decision now, and everyone who has seen it thinks it looks nice and much more unique than black.

If you're thinking about getting one, just be aware it's very much like the agate grey exterior - it will have a brown tint when in sunlight. It looks true grey at night. I saw all the pictures on google like the one you post, because I didn't get to see the car in person before buying... and I assure you that picture is not an accurate representation of the agate color in that kind of sunlight. Not sure if that's why you ask, but hope that helps. Happy to get pics if you want to see..

Just wanted to find out how rare this interior is, it's our car and we never saw another one with this combo. And yes, the trim looks a bit brown in the light. We were a little worried how sensitive the white seats are but they clean up very nicely, no stains or lasting dirt.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have this option on my 2014 Agate Grey base Cayman. I do NOT think that it is a common option, however the option in my view adds a lot to the look of the interior of the car, plus it finishes off the interior door handles and brings the interior up to the same level as the 911 cars.

My only concern is trying to keep the grey inserts clean, over the long haul.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have this option on my 2014 Agate Grey base Cayman. I do NOT think that it is a common option, however the option in my view adds a lot to the look of the interior of the car, plus it finishes off the interior door handles and brings the interior up to the same level as the 911 cars.

My only concern is trying to keep the grey inserts clean, over the long haul.
Agreed! Again, the inserts clean up very well, don't be too concerned.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've got the related Agate Grey over Orange and love it. It's very unusual, in fact even to Porsche sales associates, and goes very well with the Agate Grey exterior.

I have to find some good cleaner as I am starting to see that the drivers sear is picking up some dirt as opposed to the less used passenger seat.

What are any of you using for leather cleaner? Autoglym (I have the conditioner, exterior soap etc...)? Zymol?

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What are any of you using for leather cleaner? Autoglym (I have the conditioner, exterior soap etc...)? Zymol?

I just use a damp microfiber towel, works great. If need be -and that is seldom- I use Lexol cleaner and conditioner.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I have it. Needs a cleaning on the pebble part. I'd get a full agate leather interior in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat Automotive design

I have the Pebble Grey interior and it has held up just fine in the four years I've owned the car. I clean it about once a year with some Griot's leather cleaner and conditioner, but it really doesn't get very dirty. The carpet is also the same color, and that can be a pain since it shows dirt very quickly.

Reactions: westwest888

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the Agate/Pebble interior on my CPO 2014 CS. It wasn't my first choice but the car had 20" Sport Techno wheels so that option was the deciding factor for me. They sure are much easier to clean that the Sport Design wheels (10 spoke) on my 987.2 CS.

·
Registered
78 Posts
As the title says, anybody else with this combo, Boxster or Cayman?

My wife and I have the same interior combination on our Dark Blue Metallic 2015 Base Cayman.
To confirm its Unicorn status, here are some of it's options:

MT
PTV
PASM
Carrera S Wheels
Rear Wiper
Sport Steering Wheel
14 Way Sport Seats w/ Agate Grey/Pebble Grey Leather Package.

We custom ordered ours, so we could get exactly what we wanted, and nothing that we didn't.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.