Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have possibly a twofold question. Can someone share a link to the owners manual? My car doesn't have one. Like most manuals I'm sure it will list which fuse does what. I checked the fuse box on the driver's side, there is no info there.
Or can someone share the fuse diagram please?
I have skimmed the titles of all 18 pages in the 981 electronics section. I have also done multiple Google searches with no luck - dead links, The old links to the Porsche iManual point to 718s.
I always reference my owner's manuals so I'm disappointed it's MIA.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2009 987.2 2.9 6-speed
237 Posts
The cigar lighter and the front center console plug come from D7 which is a 20 amp fuse. The glove box socket comes from D10 which is also a 20 amp fuse. Both of those are intern fed from a 40 amp fuse which is in the dash.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cigar lighter and the front center console plug come from D7 which is a 20 amp fuse. The glove box socket comes from D10 which is also a 20 amp fuse. Both of those are intern fed from a 40 amp fuse which is in the dash.
Thanks Zuch! I'll check those fuses today.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Here is three pages from the 981 electrical drawings. The fuses are all in the right side fuse box. It is not clear which 40 Amp fuse controls the three outlets.

Attachments

Reactions: 6ixof1

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I couldn't find a file section, but I think the upload worked as an attachment.

BTW, Not sure if this is a US or Canadian manual. Shouldn't matter too much

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OMG The problem was the cable that I used yesterday with Apple CarPlay that worked fine right up until I tried to use it in my new to me 981! I switched to a different cable and the phone charges while the car is turned off too. (Shakes fist at Apple)
OttawaSteve thanks so much for the pdf file! Now I can figure out the functions and features of this beautiful car.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Also check out the "Good to Know" app. Most of the manual, on your phone.

Reactions: 6ixof1

·
Registered
90 Posts
As long as we are talking wiring, would someone please post a page of the windshield wiper/washer schematic. I have a low washer fluid light that comes on shortly after starting the car. I've had the tank out, replaced the sensor and checked all the wiring I could see but it's still coming on. TIA dlb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts