Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car has Bose system, and did have Navigation system when new, now swapped out to a CDR24 (shows Protect Code). OK, so I look in the front trunk and find this (see pic). There appears to be an optical jumper on something, and extra plugs hanging there?

Can someone tell me what I am looking at? I can't find a good wiring diagram for this, and suspect the optical goes to the CDC-4, and the rest is from a removed phone system, or something?

Electronics Technology Electronic device Vehicle Car

·
Registered
250 Posts
The orange optical connector definitely goes to the CD changer. I just removed mine recently. I think there's a 2nd power plug too, I just can't remember what it looks like. Is anything currently plugged into the back of your CD changer? You might have to remove the upper plastic compartment to get to it. It has several screws around the top, and then pulls forward from the left side (facing into the frunk) - the right side is tabbed. Seems like it would be difficult due to the weatherstripping which folds over it, but it's actually pretty easy to remove/install.

The blue connector looks like an antenna plug, which matches your theory of a removed phone system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.