Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up my brand new very base cayman, guards red, 6spd manual convenience and bose, and sport mode. very very cool. rides great growls when in sport mode.just got rid of my 09 base with pdk. this new one is a blast and feels like a drivers car. getting used to shifting again. gettinrg ready to white knuckle on hill traffic light. gonna try to practice. 11169720_982106818467814_545340032278124842_o.jpg

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nicely done.

Enjoy!

Reactions: mrfredsporty

·
Registered
205 Posts
Good looking Cayman!:dance:

Don't worry about starting on steep inclines, the car is equipped with a hill hold function. It's described somewhere in that manual they gave you when you picked up the car.:hilarious:

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Congrats! and Looking Good!

The "Manual vs. PDK" was the only really tough decision I had with my Cayman. I went with the PDK, Love it, yet still wonder what the "real' manual tranny would be like as I use the manual PDK often....

Have fun!!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Congrats! and Looking Good! The "Manual vs. PDK" was the only really tough decision I had with my Cayman. I went with the PDK, Love it, yet still wonder what the "real' manual tranny would be like as I use the manual PDK often....
It would be sort of like the PDK, except there would be another pedal that you could press to disconnect the engine from the driveline temporarily. Actually you have to press this pedal when changing gears, unless you are unusually good or very wealthy. This is said to make you feel more "involved" with the car. :dance:

All kidding aside, I thought the six-speed manual was a great match for the base engine. I agree with the manual advocates, in that I think it's more fun to shift at redline with a true manual in less-powerful cars. With a bigger engine you spend less time driving and more time shifting, and that's where the PDK comes into its own. Those who like to wring their engine out on a regular basis will be very happy with the MT6/2.7 combo. Can't lose either way.

·
Registered
119 Posts
congrats!!! No white knuckles required, as already said the auto hill hold, will engage when up hill on an incline. It engages on my driveway and it's not very steep. It's all automatic. Makes sense, with no hand brake to grab.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Very nice and looks good!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Congrats....and nice choice of color!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it comes with a manual?? you suppsed to read that or put it under anuneven table leg??
Good looking Cayman!:dance:

Don't worry about starting on steep inclines, the car is equipped with a hill hold function. It's described somewhere in that manual they gave you when you picked up the car.:hilarious:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup those are the base guys. they look big to me.i cant afford to buy one so i leased it at a good deal i think . actually, costing me less per month than my 2009 did. but htats another story. so, im driving a car that could cost a WHOLE lot of bucks for some where around $52,000. . im a happy puppy
Congrats! Looking good, are those the base 18" wheels?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
funny you should mention that. i liked my pdk 2009but i see im going to love this one. it rides much better and i actually smiled while i tried to remember how to shift and even double clutched a little in traffic. the pdk is great and a more practical way to go.but... that 6spd tranny is a blast. it does let you know when you are smooth (or not).
It would be sort of like the PDK, except there would be another pedal that you could press to disconnect the engine from the driveline temporarily. Actually you have to press this pedal when changing gears, unless you are unusually good or very wealthy. This is said to make you feel more "involved" with the car. :dance:

All kidding aside, I thought the six-speed manual was a great match for the base engine. I agree with the manual advocates, in that I think it's more fun to shift at redline with a true manual in less-powerful cars. With a bigger engine you spend less time driving and more time shifting, and that's where the PDK comes into its own. Those who like to wring their engine out on a regular basis will be very happy with the MT6/2.7 combo. Can't lose either way.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i am going to try that hill hold this am. dont want to stall it. thats for sure. does the hill hold work in sport mode?
congrats!!! No white knuckles required, as already said the auto hill hold, will engage when up hill on an incline. It engages on my driveway and it's not very steep. It's all automatic. Makes sense, with no hand brake to grab.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Congrats on the new car. It's a great color - beautiful yet easy to maintain. You're gonna love it!

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
i am going to try that hill hold this am. dont want to stall it. thats for sure. does the hill hold work in sport mode?
Hold works in all modes. And the good thing is, if you stall it, it starts itself back up.

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
I thought the HOLD function was designed specifically to assist with rollback on a hill when stopped.

Nice car, BTW.
Yes, that is what it does. I think DBJH was saying that.

Congratulations on your new car! Love the color.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts