Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking for a bit, but now that I've pulled the trigger and taken possession of my 2015 Boxster S, Blue/Grey (pictures coming) I figured it was time to post.

I picked it up on Friday and, for unrelated reasons, I headed out on a serendipitously timed 36 hour (out and back), 500+ mile round-trip to NJ.
I've now got close to 750 miles on the beast and am having to remind myself that this now my new daily driver... what a great way to usher in "my new normal" :dance:
So, I've gotten a great start on the break-in period & am having much trouble getting the grin off my face (or the sleep out of my eyes) this morning.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You wouldn't think after the winter we had there would be that many bugs on the road... you'd be wrong.
Well, there are far fewer now in the NE corridor... I just have to chisel them off before taking any pictures ;0)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Welcome. :)

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Welcome... and congratulations.

Sure pictures in and out along with the list of options would get you warmer greetings.

I'm interested to know what other sports cars did you have in the past. And what others were on your shortlist before pulling the trigger on this one.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is my new beauty at delivery, in the rain:
incoming.jpg

Here, today @800 miles ;0)
mug shot.jpg

As for options: I searched for a car with the performance features it would be hard to retrofit:
build sheet.jpg
...and yes, up till now I've been a die-hard manual adherent, but the PDK made a true believer out of me.

The 800 miles behind me already have been somewhat sedate break-in miles, but great.
Today I did warm it up good and ran through a couple exit/entrance ramp circuits :drivingskid:

As for the previous rides, just remember you asked... :cool:

I traded my 2007 Sky & 2010 WRX STI
outgoing.jpg

Before that I had a 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS
previous.jpg

Previous to those there was a long line of far less interesting and memorable cars all the way back to the '70s when I had a '69 Fiat 124 coupe followed by a '76 124 spyder which started the obsession with convertibles...
(just a sample picture, not my car)
fiat 124 spyder.jpg

That should give everyone a little something they are interested in!

... oh yeah, one last thing: I also built a dune buggy, and had a ton of '50s and '60s era beetles
- and yes, that does neatly bring us full circle back to the bugs....

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
I picked it up on Friday and, for unrelated reasons, I headed out on a serendipitously timed 36 hour (out and back), 500+ mile round-trip to NJ.
You bought a new car and you headed to New Jersey??? :rolleyes:

Congratulations on your new car. :)

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
What?!?? Doesn't everyone?
:hilarious:
Every Monday thru Friday and many weekends. lol. Southern NJ is actually beautiful. Really.

Reactions: nomead

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That *is* where I am originally from... & most of my family is still there ;0)

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Very cool Boxster. Love to see a shot where the top is down and we can see the contrasting aluminum-look roll bars with that dark blue metallic paint and platinum grey interior. Car looks sharp.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
You read my mind,...
I had tried to post that in the picture post, but ran out of slots ;0)
interior.jpg
... and thanks for the compliment ;0)

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club!

(you know that break-in on 981 is entirely optional, right?)

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
(you know that break-in on 981 is entirely optional, right?)
Two days ago I read the manual saying the break in period is 3000 km not 2000 km, and I should drive below 4200 rpm. :(

He who wrote this should drive Roller Compactors across Asia from Istanbul to Laguna Uellen for displinary action.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My first choice was the Agate Grey, all my previous convertibles were grey/graphite.etc, but could not find the set of options I wanted.
I broadened the search and this one popped up (that locator is a great tool) and had everything but the grey.

This car is the exact same color combo as my wife's Prius;
I simply love the harsh contrast and beautiful irony in that...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts