Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! After looking at a few cars, I settled on a 2019 Cayman S with 11k miles and over three years of warranty left (between factory and CPO). Purchased through Abraham at Hennessy Porsche in Roswell, Ga. (for any of you ATL guys in here). I LOVE the car so far, but I'm still planning on a few mods. My last car was a GT350, and I do miss the roar of the V8, so a Fabspeed exhaust might be the first mod. Other than that, Ohlins coilovers and the APR tune are the only other major mods I plan to do. I opted for the Xpel PPF and ceramic through the dealer. I probably could have had it done at a local shop for less, but leaving the dealer with the car looking like a million bucks made the cost hurt a little less! Any other ATL owners on the board?

Vehicle cover Vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey guys! After looking at a few cars, I settled on a 2019 Cayman S with 11k miles and over three years of warranty left (between factory and CPO). Purchased through Abraham at Hennessy Porsche in Roswell, Ga. (for any of you ATL guys in here). I LOVE the car so far, but I'm still planning on a few mods. My last car was a GT350, and I do miss the roar of the V8, so a Fabspeed exhaust might be the first mod. Other than that, Ohlins coilovers and the APR tune are the only other major mods I plan to do. I opted for the Xpel PPF and ceramic through the dealer. I probably could have had it done at a local shop for less, but leaving the dealer with the car looking like a million bucks made the cost hurt a little less! Any other ATL owners on the board?

View attachment 281894 View attachment 281895 View attachment 281896 View attachment 281897 View attachment 281898
Sure is pretty! Congratulations!

·
Administrator
1,509 Posts
Looks great! Congrats and welcome to the Friendly Porsche Forum!

Reactions: tps7c

·
Registered
2017 Cayman S
68 Posts

View attachment 281894 View attachment 281895 View attachment 281896 View attachment 281897 View attachment 281898
Good Luck ~ Two questions, what color is that & if you don't mind, the price ?

·
Registered
239 Posts
The gray with red brake accents is amazing!

"I LOVE the car so far, but I'm still planning on a few mods. My last car was a GT350,"
Would an engine swap be one of those mods by any chance? :ROFLMAO:

P.S.: I'm sure you've seen the video from SmokingTire of the Cayman painted a bit like a Ford GT40 and upgraded with the Ford Coyote engine from a Mustang.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The gray with red brake accents is amazing!

"I LOVE the car so far, but I'm still planning on a few mods. My last car was a GT350,"
Would an engine swap be one of those mods by any chance? :ROFLMAO:

P.S.: I'm sure you've seen the video from SmokingTire of the Cayman painted a bit like a Ford GT40 and upgraded with the Ford Coyote engine from a Mustang.
NO! I definitely haven't seen that video, but I'm going to search for that episode now. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
239 Posts
NO! I definitely haven't seen that video, but I'm going to search for that episode now. Thanks for the heads up!
Don't get any ideas! But yeah, I'd love to test-drive that one for a bit. 450+ HP in a modern 3000 pound mid-engine car with a manual transmission. How good could that possibly be?

For everyone's viewing pleasure:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't get any ideas! But yeah, I'd love to test-drive that one for a bit. 450+ HP in a modern 3000 pound mid-engine car with a manual transmission. How good could that possibly be?

For everyone's viewing pleasure:
I know it's not exactly the same thing, but the APR tune will put between 400-420 to the wheels. Interesting!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts