Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just want to introduce myself and say how thrilled I am that this forum exists. I just took delivery of a 2010 CS in Meteor Grey. I have had numerous sports cars and always wanted a Porsche. I was at the dealer looking at a 911/S and the sales person that I know for 15 years said before I decide to drive the CS. I fell in love instantly and saved 30K. He said that even the most die hard 911 guys are now trading in for the CS due to the improved horspower and the LSD that is now available. This midengine platform is perfect and modern in my opinion. I got mine fully optioned and the coolest cosmetic option is the 19 inch turbo wheels.

I will post pictures soon of the car. After only having it for 4 days someone decided to take a sharp object and put some sratches in my drivers side window. They didn't touch the paint or any other part of the car so maybe I got lucky. The police think that they tried to break into the car but must have got scared off before they could shatter the window. All I need is a driver side window replacement so no big deal, just a small annoyance. The window cannot be repaired as it has some kind of external coating and the scratches go through the coating to the base glass. It was at the airport parking lot here in Chicago. I will never take this car there again. Should have known better but I love driving this car. I can't wait to get the car back. I was pleasantly surprised that the window only costs $98. Labor is allot more ($300). Watch your cars, it seems that there are allot of idiots out there that do stuff like this. My dealer said that he replaces a couple of windows a week. He guesses that the idiots think that if you have a porsche you probably have expensive stuff in the car and they are breaking the side windows and taking what they can. I hope the replacement process goes smoothly and doesn't leave me with a door panel that rattles. I have faith in the porsche techs.

I am looking forward to learning from you guys and contributing to this forum.

Best,
John

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Welcome John and sorry to hear about the window. But on the bright side, looks like you got the first "ding" out of the way now. Enjoy the car and looking forward to the pictures.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the club. Sorry about the window and hope that you get yur car back soon. Don't forget to show us pics.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Congrats! And just always think it could always be worse. :cheers:
Welcome. May I suggest really studying the owner's manual as your new car has lots of nifty features. And when you get it back, may I suggest a mini-vacation away from the cites and with twisty roads. I strongly suspect you will been even more happy with your new ride. Drive safe and defensively. Lots of idiots on our roads these days. Ed

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
welcome to the forum and congrats for your new car
very sorry you had vandalised your car so soon :(
bad things sometimes happen
hope you get your car soon and enjoy it in good health :)

cheers
rex

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congrats! Sorry to hear about your windows!

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Hi all,

Just want to introduce myself and say how thrilled I am that this forum exists. I just took delivery of a 2010 CS in Meteor Grey. I have had numerous sports cars and always wanted a Porsche. I was at the dealer looking at a 911/S and the sales person that I know for 15 years said before I decide to drive the CS. I fell in love instantly and saved 30K. He said that even the most die hard 911 guys are now trading in for the CS due to the improved horspower and the LSD that is now available. This midengine platform is perfect and modern in my opinion. I got mine fully optioned and the coolest cosmetic option is the 19 inch turbo wheels.

I will post pictures soon of the car. After only having it for 4 days someone decided to take a sharp object and put some sratches in my drivers side window. They didn't touch the paint or any other part of the car so maybe I got lucky. The police think that they tried to break into the car but must have got scared off before they could shatter the window. All I need is a driver side window replacement so no big deal, just a small annoyance. The window cannot be repaired as it has some kind of external coating and the scratches go through the coating to the base glass. It was at the airport parking lot here in Chicago. I will never take this car there again. Should have known better but I love driving this car. I can't wait to get the car back. I was pleasantly surprised that the window only costs $98. Labor is allot more ($300). Watch your cars, it seems that there are allot of idiots out there that do stuff like this. My dealer said that he replaces a couple of windows a week. He guesses that the idiots think that if you have a porsche you probably have expensive stuff in the car and they are breaking the side windows and taking what they can. I hope the replacement process goes smoothly and doesn't leave me with a door panel that rattles. I have faith in the porsche techs.

I am looking forward to learning from you guys and contributing to this forum.

Best,
John
Welcome and Congratulations on getting the Cayman. Sorry to hear about the window. However given that there was no additional damage, you got away with one this time.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Welcome and congrats.I just got back from a trip to San Francisco and my Nephew had his Cayenne keyed,front fender, door and rear Quarter panel,$2,700 worth of damage.They are out there.Sorry to hear what happened to your car but as indicated i guess it could always have been worse.........

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got it back. I was amazed hopw easy and quickly a door side window was replaced. Here are the pictures.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Congratulations and glad you got the window sorted out quickly. Beautiful car, I really like the wheels.
BW

·
Registered
719 Posts
Beautiful car, congratulations. Not feeling the turbo wheels but you are and that"s all that matters.

·
Registered
393 Posts
congrats on the new car. sorry about the window, but glad it got sorted. i also live in chicago and a recent owner (albeit of a boxster s). i'm still looking for great driving roads...have done the sheridan "circuit" (small section of esses) in the north shore burbs -- glencoe or whatever it is. if you have good driving roads, share them ;). i think i'll start a separate thread on that topic.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts