Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum has been quite helpful in making the right decision in purchasing my dream car. It might not be up to par with other magnificent Pcars in here so bear with me if I am proud of my base cayman.
Rather than being a spectator i summoned enough courage to post and be part of this community that i have taken advantage of. Negai as I fondly call her (Japanese for Wish) was brought home Feb of this year and has close to 12K miles, on her second set of tires, not a DD but stretches her legs weekly in the canyons of Socal. She's been to almost every twitchy part of town. Would love to meet other similar minded folks with the same passion for curves. She is bone stock except for a little dose of caffeine called a SprintBooster. Next step would be to improve her stance with the aide of a guy named Darin N.

She flashes her lights to her fellow breed but often does not get response back, dunno why? Maybe she's just to eager to see her relatives out in the twisties.

Apologies for the theatrical initial post, just happy to have her.

Hoping to meet any of you for coffee perhaps at Newcombs?

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hi, welcome! :)

Nice Cayman, where is that road in your first pic? Anywhere near San Diego?

btw, the flashing lights is usually a warning to others that there is a cop/speed trap up ahead, or asking someone to allow you to pass... usually not used for hello.

A thumbs up or a wave might work better.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately that road is quite far from San Diego, will pm you the location. Thanks for the welcome sdpauly, yeah thought so about the flashing of lights, will try the wave next time. Here's another of my favorites. IMG_0887.jpg

·
Registered
734 Posts
I frequent that stretch of road, have yet to see you there.

As i was driving up the other week, a nice motorcyclist gave me a helmet tap as he was coming down. Sure enough, at the stretch before the speed limit turns into 55, there was a CHP speed trap just over the hill. When I headed back down, I returned the favor by flashing my highbeams at the guys driving up.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm in LA... Do you ever do any autocross or other events?

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Omedeto gozaimas!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, CaptAnzuelo, is that your real last name, i had an acquaintance by that last name. Met someone up there with the same color as yours except he had different wheels, don't know if that was you. I normally enter the crest via the long way, LTC-SoleCyn-BigP or ANFHway. Maybe I'll see you there, expect a wave.

Ctearpak, not as of the moment, I'm still trying to pay of the car and can't afford the extra expense.

Here's a cool pic, i think. Can you spot it ? IMG_0731.JPG

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Welcome! Glad you finally posted! Beautiful car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts