Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.

My Wife, my dog, my Cayman S and I moved to Raleigh NC from Los Angele's CA and I need to know about track days and DE's anywhere withing 150 miles of here. I'm not a memeber of the Porsche club but I'm willing to be if tey've got the only asphalt in town. Any information would be appreciated.

Thks.

G.

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
933 Posts
Welcome to Raleigh-wood!

The Hurricane Region PCA is pretty active here, with a good number of social and technical events through the year, and I've enjoyed the folks I've met through the Club. For track events, they sponsor one DE a year (wish they did more!) and two to three AX's.

We've got several tracks in the area. No. 1 is Virginia International Raceway - the justifiably famous VIR - up near Danville, VA (about 1.25 hours away), CMP in Kershaw, South Carolina south of Charlotte (about 3 hours away), Rockingham Speedway south of Pinehurst (about 2 hours away) and a brand-new track called NCCAR up near Roanoke Rapids (about 1.5 hours away). The PCA AX events are held at Maxton Airfield, also down south of Pinehurst and about 2 hours away.

Most tracks (especially VIR) have a large number of DE events every year, and you don't have to be a member of any given club for many of them.

The local club Hurricane Region - Porsche Club of America - Welcome to Home Page has get-togethers every Saturday morning at the Brier Creek Shopping Center off US 70 near the airport. Come on out some time and introduce yourself. (You don't have to be a member to show up.) I think you'll find it a great group with plenty of gear heads and lots of track experience.

If you check the link above, you should be able to find most local information. Feel free to PM me anytime as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.