Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I must say it has been an interesting few weeks for me. Right now I have zero excitement factor as I'm still mulling over the fact that I have been able to purchase my dream car at such a young age and if I am making the right decision.

For the last 10 years, I have been driving my original dream car a 2006 Acura RSX Type-S in white. Every Japanese fan boy's dream car next to the S2000 and NSX. As you grow older, you want to grow into the European luxury market. While other friends have moved to BMW, Audi's, S2000, and STI's or BRZ's, I continued to drive my existing car. I needed to change my car soon and I was eyeing the BMW M235i. On paper, it's an absolute best bang for the buck and I would have been able to get a killer discount since my family have been customers for so many years.

However, after doing the calculations; it wasn't worth trading in my car and leasing a car that I had no intention of buying back. I like to own cars, ideally 6-7 years is the time frame I would like to own. After doing calculations, down payments, trade in, negotiation scenarios, I determined I could get a similar monthly payment if I lease the Boxster and buy it back eventually and here is where I stand.

After realizing that this is completely feasible economically and I won't be in severe financial handicap, I am now a proud Porsche owner at the age of 31! I figured I'm not married yet and I have no kids. If I don't do it now, I won't have this opportunity again until I'm 50+.

Enough writing, here are the options I mulled over.

Exterior Colour - White
Convertible Top - Red
Interior - Natural Leather in Garnet Red
Deviating colour on carpet - Black
Supplement Safety Roll-Bar Painted in White
Bi-Xenon Headlights w PDL (This one I'm still mulling over, it's not worth $1780 but I really don't want to modify cars anymore no matter how easy getting HIDs are)
Rear Park Assist (Normally hate the look on these, but it's on the black part of the bumper and not the painted portion. Need to reverse into condo parking lot each day for ease of access)
Sport Exhaust System
Sport Chassis
6MT
18 Inch Stock Rims (Will use these rims for winter tires eventually, will eventually pick up a pair of 19's ADV wheels for summer)
Sport Seats Plus
Sport Design Wheel

Needless to say, I felt I'm spending a lot more options than I had originally thought I would. The colour combo will be bold, but I think the Safey Roll Bar painted in white will help break up the red, and also the deviating carpet in black will help a ton. For those interested, right now you can get deviated carpet, center seat inserts, center console in a different colour. No dash, glove compartment or door insert is available though.

Pffaf Porsche has been a pleasure to deal with. They offered me a discount that I know was hard to beat and I didn't even had to really flex. Now the gruelling 3 month wait begins while I mull over my $1780 Bi-Xenon which is the one option I'm not completely thrilled about paying for. But I can't stand Halogen lights deviating from the LED on the bumper or possibly getting HIDs that won't match.

The dealer also threw in the Euro clear corners for free :) and the dealer told me that on MY2015 the Front Grill/Slate is now black instead of body colour so I didn't have to pay to change that either.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Be happy with your Bi-Xenons. I choose them as well. Your night vision is just so much better and the (halogen) beams that follow your front wheels in a turn are a great help as well on twisty roads.
And forget about installing xenon later on - garbage.

All the best with your beautiful car - congrats!

Ernst

·
Registered
503 Posts
Bi-Xenon Headlights w PDL (This one I'm still mulling over, it's not worth $1780 but I really don't want to modify cars anymore no matter how easy getting HIDs are)
Worth's always a highly subjective matter but since owning my first car with HID's I won't buy anything without them and all 3 of our current vehicles have them. I also find PDLS useful. 2 of our vehicles are equipped with cornering lights. YMMV, of course.

No matter you chose it you'll enjoy it coming from the RSX. We've really enjoyed our 981 coming from an S2000 (which we still own).

Needless to say, I felt I'm spending a lot more options than I had originally thought I would.
Welcome to the world of Porsche!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I guess I need confirmation bias on the Bi-Xenon to make myself feel better lol

·
Registered
625 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I guess I need confirmation bias on the Bi-Xenon to make myself feel better lol
The xenons are worth it. I won't buy a car without anymore either.
Should be beautiful, it will be worth the wait!

Reactions: Potsnu

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is carpet in a deviated color a standard option? I don't see it in the online configurator. What does that cost?

·
Registered
370 Posts
+1 on the bi xeons
they work very well.
if you have not locked yet I would add the front park assist, the visual display on the cdr is only available with this option.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
+1 on the bi xeons
they work very well.
if you have not locked yet I would add the front park assist, the visual display on the cdr is only available with this option.
I was under the impression you needed the Infotainment package to the get the visual display, this works on the stock display?

I have 6 more days before I'm locked in.

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it does work with the base CDR audio system. You will get a little graphic of the car and red, yellow , green segments lighting up depending on the distance.

http://www.planet-9.com/attachments...r-s-riviera-blue-now-wait-starts-img_0487.jpg
Thank you so much for the recommendation. I know a lot of owners have said this was the option they regret not getting. I thought you needed PCM/Infotainment.

I'm going to call my dealer now and change it. I generally hate the look of parking sensors, which was why I opted for the Rear as it was hidden in the black apron.

But I live downtown and I would like to parallel park with peace of mind. This seems like a compromise I'm willing to make.

Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts