Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiousity, can you turbo a 2007 2.7L Cayman? If so, who makes one?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know how I missed it on the website. I assume it's the Low Pressure Turbo System, since the others say they're for S models....?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Technically it isnt up there... There are 2 about to be installed though(both low pressure), one in Hawaii and one in Washington State. The mounting is the same as the older 3.2L boxster S engine. Expected gains are 75-100whp depending on boost level and engine displacement. Easily the best dollar/hp ratio in the 987 world.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are these systems still smog legal (either intercooled or non-intercooled)?

Also, how does it affect the reliablility of the engine / tranmission or any other components on the car that might be affected by the added hp?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
No on the smog legal... However the CA guys are getting around it somehow. As long as you follow the standard maintenance(we recommend oil every 5k) you will see no adverse issues. However you will go through rear tires faster :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
No on the smog legal... However the CA guys are getting around it somehow. As long as you follow the standard maintenance(we recommend oil every 5k) you will see no adverse issues. However you will go through rear tires faster :)
Having lived in CA most of my life and with cars that were never stock, I can tell you that there are places that will get you certified smog legal, however you'll need to know someone who knows someone else...if you know what I mean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.