Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a CPO Atlas Grey/Sand Beige CS at my local Porsche dealer. The finance guy asked me if this was my first Porsche. I answered "Yes" and he said "It won't be your last". So far, I have to say that he is right. I've owned two S4s, three M3s and have driven numerous other fast cars and I have to emphatically say that I enjoy driving my CS the most out of all the cars that I have owned hands down.

Options on the car:
Sport chrono
PASM
Bi Xenon
Wheels and caps painted in exterior color
Wheel caps with Colored Crest
5mm wheel spacers
Sport tailpipe
Park Assist
Spoiler lips Aluminum look
Porsche crest on headrest
Cayman S logo on center console storage bin
Full leather package (instrument surround, dash, doors center console)
Adaptive sport seats
Dashboard trim strip and gear console surround painted in exterior color
Instrument surround painted in exterior color

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Congrats!! :cheers:

Welcome to the club. I've got to say, this is my first Porsche as well and will probably get another....shhh...just don't tell the wife.

-Moto

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Congratulations and welcome. You'll find a lot of good information about virtually anything you'll want to know about your car here.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Welcome to the club.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Just picked up a CPO Atlas Grey/Sand Beige CS at my local Porsche dealer. The finance guy asked me if this was my first Porsche. I answered "Yes" and he said "It won't be your last". So far, I have to say that he is right. I've owned two S4s, three M3s and have driven numerous other fast cars and I have to emphatically say that I enjoy driving my CS the most out of all the cars that I have owned hands down.

Options on the car:
Sport chrono
PASM
Bi Xenon
5mm wheel spacers
Sport tailpipe
Park Assist
Adaptive sport seats
Also clear side markers were added. Please post interior photos highlight those options when you can. Your Atlas Grey looks very dark or maybe it is the lighting.

The CS is the tightest gripping cornering car relative to the M3 and S4 unless you have modded their suspensions. The first 3 options (SC, PASM, and Bi Xenon) were what I was looking for with a 6 speed. I settled on a car without PASM but had 19 inch Carrera Classics since I didn't really like the flowery Beetle looking Cayman S wheels. Still my most fun driving experience with SC on and PSM off 4 speed driving in the back country twisting roads.

Congratulations and enjoy.

·
Registered
607 Posts
FYI, when I got my first Porsche (2007 CS), after all the problems I had with it, CEL coming on so many times, oil smoke, trunk clunk... I always said that was going to be my last Porsche, that is until I bought my 997.2 C2S a few months ago.

This one really will be my last despite me being 27... the thrill is gone, and too many people shout Middle Eastern racial obscenities at me while driving, and I even live in the DC Metro area with a diverse population, which is starting to get annoying.

Either way, CONGRATS on the car and I know the fun is only just starting!

·
Registered
156 Posts
The finance guy asked me if this was my first Porsche. I answered "Yes" and he said "It won't be your last". So far, I have to say that he is right.
I mention this to many first time buyers as well. Most laugh but it's funnier when they come back and say "you were right, I'm hooked for life."

Congrats on picking up a great PO car. It has very nice equipment as well btw.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts

Options on the car:
Sport chrono
PASM
Bi Xenon
5mm wheel spacers
Sport tailpipe
Park Assist
Adaptive sport seats
Congratulations, on your purchase! Enjoy your new toy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thank you for all the kind words. Here are some interior pics. I will post some exterior pics later. One option that I wonder about which my car didn't have is the Bose upgrade. Does the community feel that this upgrade is a noticeable performance difference compared to the base Cayman S CDR24?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just picked up a CPO Atlas Grey/Sand Beige CS at my local Porsche dealer.
Remember when lifting heavy weights to lift with your legs and not your back :taunt:

Congrats on the new (to you) car. This is my first Porsche too and I can say without a doubt..it ain't my last

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
One option that I wonder about which my car didn't have is the Bose upgrade. Does the community feel that this upgrade is a noticeable performance difference compared to the base Cayman S CDR24?
IMO, it's a waste of money. My car has it and it's no better than the Sound Package Plus that was in my last car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IMO, it's a waste of money. My car has it and it's no better than the Sound Package Plus that was in my last car.
Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Great looking car and a nice set of options, congratulations. Enjoy the drive.
BW

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Some exterior pics...just turned 19K miles yesterday.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Some more pics

·
Registered
716 Posts
Congratulations on your new Cayman. Love the color, might have something to do with the fact that my CS is the same color but with Terracotta interior. Enjoy it in good health.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts