Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today was the big day! I placed my custom order 2011 Base Cayman. Something interesting when choosing options, some of the 2010's options were not available. In order to get PCM 3.0 I had to get Bose and could not select Sound Package Plus, Bluetooth, XM and Universal Audio Interface were not options. The dealer is going to make some call on Monday to find out if those options are standard now or was not on the spec sheet for some reason or another. There was also a charge that said "cayman $1,000", maybe that is the 2011 price increase. So here is how I speced out my new ride:

Black Standard Leather and Interior
Power Standard Seats
Heated Seats
Bose
Pcm 3.0
Dimming mirrors with Automatic Washers
Automatic Climate Control
Sport Chrono Plus
PDK

Waiting to hear the verdict on:

XM radio
Universal Audio Interface
Bluetooth

And now the dreaded wait that I hear about so many times on this forum.

dave-t

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Congrats! I would of thought bluetooth be standard in high-end modern cars.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats. You picked many options that I would as well. Now come the hardest part..... the wait.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The dealer is going to make some call on Monday to find out if those options are standard now
The 'Standard equipment" should be listed on the first pages of the order form if you have a copy.
Congrats on your order. Did I miss the color?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Today was the big day! I placed my custom order 2011 Base Cayman. Something interesting when choosing options, some of the 2010's options were not available. In order to get PCM 3.0 I had to get Bose and could not select Sound Package Plus, Bluetooth, XM and Universal Audio Interface were not options. The dealer is going to make some call on Monday to find out if those options are standard now or was not on the spec sheet for some reason or another. There was also a charge that said "cayman $1,000", maybe that is the 2011 price increase.

dave-t
dave-t,

Congratulations, nice specs! I have recently ordered a Cayman S and was trying to find out the invoice through vehix.com and edmunds.com. If you configure the Cayman through their configurator, Bose is indeed forced on you when you order PCM 3.0. I did not want to have Bose, so I specifically asked my salesman that question. He said that PCM requires either Sound Package Plus or Bose. My car is going to be a MY 2010 so it is possible that changes were made in the 2011 configurator.

What is your expected build date? You can probably shorten it dramatically by asking your dealer to trade a build spot with another dealership. As a matter of fact, the dealership where I ordered from still had 2 spots available for April!

Tamas

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
What was the price increase for 2011...and how much was your car with these options? Were you able to negotiate anything?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
What was the price increase for 2011...and how much was your car with these options? Were you able to negotiate anything?

Cheers
The '11 options are a mystery. It is a kind of long story but I will let dave tell it.

All of my clients pay $5k over list for doing business with me... Lets call it customer service :)

I actually ask my clients not to discuss the "discount" they receive on cars purchased for me... I think dave will stick to that.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Gee...selling for over list price and having your customers not share pricing on here....I don't call that customer service...what is the problem with a buyer sharing what the current "market price" is for a product...isn't information sharing one of the functions of this forum....by the way the sales guy could have sold me 6 months earlier and likely at a higher price than I paid if he hadn't denied what the true market price of a 2009 Cayman was/is....I didn't see the benefit in paying a premium over market pricing....and once the deal is done I have to deal with the service dept...sales is done with me until/unless I purchase another car....so far I like how the service folks have treated me and dealt with various problems....

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Apparently if you not able to read my sarcasm meter. It was a joke and a lot of members here vouch for having a good relationship with their salesman. You must not be in sales. Referrals and Repeat customers.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am heavily involved in sales....I simply responded to what you said without trying to decipher your intent....sorry if I misunderstood....it was based in my thought that this site is to help buyers...on a whole range of issues....buying/pricings...maintenance thoughts...and product issues...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys, Casey has been a great resource and helped me out a lot. I actually got Casey to get me a 2010 order instead of the 2011 because we were unclear on some of the options I wanted and there availability. Keep in mind if Casey was prick salesman which he is not he would not have gotten me the 2010 slot because he actually lost money on the sale not getting the price increase. The one thing that kills me about consumers is that everybody wants a great deal, but when something goes wrong and know body wants to help them out they then cry. I hate to tell you something but you get what you pay for and nothing in this world is free. The price Casey gave me was very fair. I could have gone elsewhere for less but customer service is very high on my list. Being a salesman myself I am actually the worst customer to have because I want as good customer service or better than I give my customers. Good customer service is not easy to come by.

Okay I will get off my soap box now I had to say my bit.

Thanks,

dave-t

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can one of you explain the transition timing between 2010 and 2011 model years? My 2010 (S, PDK, Chrono, Adaptive Susp, Limited slip, Speed Yellow with a couple creature comfort concessions) was built at the end of Jan (2010) and reportedly is now on a boat to Baltimore--hopefully having left port. When did 2010 production start? When did it end? Seems like the first 2009's were out just last spring???

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Scoot,

I now have an end of april delivery date with a 2010. Before I had a May delivery date with a 2011.

Hope that gives you an idea.

dave-t

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks! I ordered back in November. Glad we've had a really ugly winter, otherwise the wait would have been even worst. Should have time to break it end before the Ky PCA's June DE! The DE's have absolutely hooked me.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Today was the big day! I placed my custom order 2011 Base Cayman. Something interesting when choosing options, some of the 2010's options were not available. In order to get PCM 3.0 I had to get Bose and could not select Sound Package Plus, Bluetooth, XM and Universal Audio Interface were not options. The dealer is going to make some call on Monday to find out if those options are standard now or was not on the spec sheet for some reason or another. There was also a charge that said "cayman $1,000", maybe that is the 2011 price increase. So here is how I speced out my new ride:

Black Standard Leather and Interior
Power Standard Seats
Heated Seats
Bose
Pcm 3.0
Dimming mirrors with Automatic Washers
Automatic Climate Control
Sport Chrono Plus
PDK

Waiting to hear the verdict on:

XM radio
Universal Audio Interface
Bluetooth

dave-t
Dave, First off Congrats on your order! The wait will be long but well worth it. My journey started in trying to order a 2009 awhile back. When I went to place my order there were no slots available and was told I had to wait for a 2010 if I wanted to build my car. I placed my order in May 2009 just to get a build in place. My car was delivered Oct 28th. I must say at times it felt like it was never going to happen and then all of a sudden the wait was over. Now I smile every day when I walk into my garage or see my car in a parking lot as I approach. 2010 Cayman S GT Silver/Cocoa with just about every option that was available to order. I have close to 3,000 miles and I can tell you this car gets better every day. Now that I am past the break in period I can see a difference. Not to say the first 2,000 miles are not awesome but after that you have gotten to know your car and can really appreciate how great the Cayman really is. Congrats again!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I am heavily involved in sales....I simply responded to what you said without trying to decipher your intent....sorry if I misunderstood....it was based in my thought that this site is to help buyers...on a whole range of issues....buying/pricings...maintenance thoughts...and product issues...
I didnt mean to sound like a douche bag. And i am sorry if you interpreted me that way.

I dont like it when people on forums generalize salesman as being horrible people, trying to steal money from them.

I am an audio engineer by training, college educated at the top of my class. I worked in a big recording studio for a few years before i made this transition.

The majority of my clients dont even come back to the dealership after taking delivery, i pick up and drop off most of my clients cars for service. Most of my clients have also never talked to my service department as i coordinate everything for them.

Tischer is not on a main street in MD, but we are consistently the first ranked dealer in the area for customer service...

look here.

MileOne Tischer Porsche - Porsche - Dealership Ratings

Our customers speak volumes about the service we perform for them and they will definitely continue to do so.

So, sorry if i seemed like a jerk, i was just kidding around.

·
Registered
160 Posts
No problem...and there are excellent sales folks out there...and there are some who focus more on closing the sale without making sure all the agreed upon details were followed up on....but bottom line its a great car...I just got over 2000 miles on it, had the oil and filter done...and enjoying the car....my only regret is the lack of a multifunction steering wheel that is thicker than the stock....not sure why Porsche puts such a thin SW on the Cayman...by the way I was also in the audio business a long time ago...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts