Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of 2010 Cayman S on Friday. Speed yellow, sport design wheels, pccb, pdk, lsd, pasm, sport chrono, sports bucket seats. I went for performance over comfort options. Saturday was dealer day at the track, Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, Texas. Great fun driving Panamera, Carrera and Cayenne. I also took a few laps in the new Cayman S!!

Preliminary observations: the pccb brakes are beyond great. Light touch, very responsive. Still trying to adjust to pdk. Like many others, I do not especially like the shift lever set up on the steering wheel. I do have a generally favorable impression of the gear mapping and quick shifting, but miss the heel/toe downshift experience. The car was a pure joy to drive, even though I kept the revs low and did not use the brakes anywhere near capacity.

Absolutely love the car.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Congrats. Sounds like a very nice set up.
I was with you on the steering wheel shifter, but after awhile(4000) miles, I like it better than the console manual shifter.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
That's the "sportiest" Gen2 CS I've read about yet. It sounds awesome. How about a photo? I don't think I've ever seen a yellow CS with PCCB.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,272 Posts
Congrats. A little jealous here.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Cutthorse, welcome to the club. AWESOME SPEC. :burnout:

If you do post pictures, to my knowledge it will probably be the only Gen2 like it on the internet, so please put us out of our misery :banana:

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Congrats on the car, sounds like it will serve you well on the track especially :cheers:

Am I to take it that you have the PDK with flappy paddles instead of the buttons on the wheel?

did not use the brakes anywhere near capacity.
If you do then you better start putting money in the bank for when you need new rotors ;)

No good post is complete without pics.........:picsplz::)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have buttons on the wheel. After a few days, I am starting to feel more comfortable.

As for the pccb brakes, they are just fantastic and respond to the lightest touch. As you know, the rotors are larger and the front calipers have six pistons instead of four. I just hope they never need replacement!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Lets see some pics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OEM fire extinguisher was not available with the sports bucket seat selection.

I am going to put in a harness bar and some six point harnesses, GT3 control arms and run on the track on some Champion wheels with pilot sport cup tires. Mod should be done in about three weeks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have buttons on the wheel. After a few days, I am starting to feel more comfortable.

As for the pccb brakes, they are just fantastic and respond to the lightest touch. As you know, the rotors are larger and the front calipers have six pistons instead of four. I just hope they never need replacement!!!
My local garage owner has to replace a pccb rotor on his 2001 911 Turbo - 3,000 Euros for the part!! He has decided to sell the 911 as he just bought a Cayman S for the track - on his first rally around Mont Ventoux (they closed the road - one of the best in Europe - for the race!) the Cayman (with standard road tyres) came first in its class and first in the competition - beat a Lotus Elige with racing tyres by 30 seconds! :banana:

Hope you enjoy your Cayman - the specs are awesome!

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Very nice car. Makes me more eager to get my 2010 base Cayman which will be my "track toy" It is scheduled to roll off the production line Dec 11th.

Carrera White, with sea blue interior. PDK, Sport Chrono, LSD, PASM and sport bucket seats. Harness bar is already here, BBS forged 18inch wheels arrive today. Fire ext. will be mounted on the harness bar with the camera unless i come up with a seat mounted bracket. No one seems to aftermarket one for the sport bucket seats. I'm going with Hooker harnesses in Royal blue. 2 inch lap belts and 3 inch shoulder straps. Want to keep the car stock for autocross. Right now I'm planning to use the Bridgestone RE 11 tires. Dunlop also makes a tire with a tread wear rating of 180 Dealer tells me delivery by the end of January.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My local garage owner has to replace a pccb rotor on his 2001 911 Turbo - 3,000 Euros for the part!! He has decided to sell the 911 as he just bought a Cayman S for the track - on his first rally around Mont Ventoux (they closed the road - one of the best in Europe - for the race!) the Cayman (with standard road tyres) came first in its class and first in the competition - beat a Lotus Elige with racing tyres by 30 seconds! :banana:

Hope you enjoy your Cayman - the specs are awesome!
Well done wal Mont ventoux must be a great drive in a cayman,i've only done it on a bike it took 3 hours:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts