Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has compared the sound quality / improvement that results from opting for the Porsche Sport Exhaust and/or installing a K&N lower restriction air filter. I know that on another sports car I own the improvement in sound (louder and sportier) gained from adding the K&N air filter was well worth it. Can anyone comment on how the addition of the K&N filter compares to getting the Porsche Sport Exhaust? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I installed a K&N 7K mi. ago and desnorkled my Boxster and the intake sound had no improvement what so ever, as a matter of fact I thought it didn't sound as good as before but I attribute that to the desnorkle. I've since gone back to the OEM filter and if my '99 Boxster K&N fits your car and you really want one PM me and I'll make you a good deal on one and throw in the K&N cleaner and oil kit.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. On my 1995 Saturn SC-2 sport coupe the addition of the K&N filter really improved the sound and I was wondering if a similar improvement could be achieved on a Cayman at a much lower cost than the PSE. I guess the differences between the engines and where they're placed in the car may produce a different result.

·
Registered
121 Posts
scottie, scottie, scottie, I have to disagree because, in my case i change my exhaust to the pse and it made a substantial difference in the lower rpms and in sound quality. So im sure if you add a k&n,(given very slight) it has to add some sort of positive response.
Now, if you were to go dollar for dollar, you could have a point

·
Registered
128 Posts
Changing the exhaust and air filter configuration will definitely change the performane and sound of the car; may be not obviously measurable but a dyno run would show it. Those are the two simplest/cheapest things to do - making the engine breath better - to enhance feeling and performance of any car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts