Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Porsche with a K40 from the states and I shipped it to Saudi Arabia. The K40 was working properly there in the USA. But it is not functioning as it should be here.

When I switch on the car, yes both leds flash blue on the steering wheel and a sound goes "K40 on". But other than that I never hear any warning signal from the front sensor. From time to time I hear "Rear K-band" or "Rear Ka-band" warning signal but it is usually false (a police car but not a radar).

I regularly pass radars and at times I got caught but never get any warning from the front sensors!!! Once I got a rear warning after I passed the radar!!!

I am not sure what is the problem!

I wrote to [email protected] on June 28th but never got a response! I emailed them a couple of days later on both [email protected] and [email protected] but no response!!! :sleep:

It seems this company is as dead as their radar detectors!!! :crazy:

Any advice on how to solve my problem would be appreciated. :helpme:

·
On Probation
582 Posts
i dont have a k40 but i heard they are one of the best....check the basics ...the rear sensor you say is working so check the front mounting...maybe from transfer to you the front sensor got broken or unhooked...maybe it can run its own self check

·
Cayman Register Advocate
7,305 Posts
The K-40s are known for this type of malfunction. It's all of that bluetooth connectivity, or should I say disconnectivity. Unfortunately, the detector doesn't tell you when it lost communication with one of it's peripherials. It just lets you go blazing into a trap with no protection.

There are many fixes and workarounds that only K-40 can help you with. Good luck. I hope they return your messages soon.

Where did you buy the K-40? Perhaps they can help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts