Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Fellow Nor'Easters,

I did not book this date because when I asked for a show of hands for attendance to get a definite head count for Feb 28th nobody responded. I thought people were put off by the price and decided not to attend.

I will see if the date is still open and ask for a show of hands again.

Pete, can you please edit the title of this thread so that it will get people's attention and let them know that the date is now tentative.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Re: February Event - Karting at GPNY

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm in as long as the cost is reasonable. :taunt:

February is wide open for me right now. I'd be willing to take a day off and do this during a weekday if this gives us more access or time on the karting track.

Thank you for taking the lead on this!

·
Premium Member
665 Posts

i am so in and may be able to wrangle a few other "friends" of nor'easter.
february is ok, except the first weekend is always tought for me to play as i have to work on the Post, the weekend of the 13th on, are fine.

:banana:

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts

Wow! Check out the photos of this place (taken from their website).

·
Registered
446 Posts

looks very cool, I'd like to try that, we talking weekday or weekend ? any approx. cost info :)

·
Premium Member
260 Posts

Looks great to me. I'm in any time/day. May be two or three of us.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

looks very cool, I'd like to try that, we talking weekday or weekend ? any approx. cost info :)
Well, I just checked their website and the cost for group events start at $90/person This includes three races, a free drink and some kind of assorted appetizer. This seems VERY expensive. I am going to call and find out the cost without the drink and appetizer. We can always grab dinner and drinks afterwards somewhere else.

There is no way I can get out of work during the week, so I am going to try and book a Saturday or Sunday morning/afternoon.

I'll keep everyone posted on prices.

The other alternative is having the event at On Track Karting, which would be a lot less expensive, BUT it is a hike up to Wallingford, CT.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I was at GPNY last week, been there several times. Karts are great and so are the tracks, 90 is cheap. I can also get a bunch more people if needed, let me know if you need help organizing.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts

I'm in.:burnout:

Actually $90 doesnt seem too bad to me for that package.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts

Well, I just checked their website and the cost for group events start at $90/person This includes three races, a free drink and some kind of assorted appetizer.

how long is each race session?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I was at GPNY last week, been there several times. Karts are great and so are the tracks, 90 is cheap. I can also get a bunch more people if needed, let me know if you need help organizing.
If you compare their prices to On Track, GPNY is way more expensive (On Track is $80 for 5 races). BUT, the track and overall facility is not as nice as GPNY.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts

Can you wear your own SA2000 helmet?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Can you wear your own SA2000 helmet?
Yes, you can wear your own helmet.
You will also be required to wear a racing suit and a neck brace. So if you have that I would bring it.
I would also bring an extra shirt. It tends to get hot under those racing suites.

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts

I'm all in...:cheers:the dates I CAN'T make it are February 12/13 thru the 20/21...wife is off from work (teaching) and we are away those times...

·
World's Foremost Authority
240 Posts

The Lime Rock Club had a party there last winter. It was a lot of fun.

CA

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,860 Posts

Sounds good, except for the weekend of Feb. 19-21. Are racing suits required, and if so do they offer loaners/rentals?

·
Premium Member
339 Posts

Ran it by Karyn and she's up for it, so, 2 more! Any time /date is good with us.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts