Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was this a PWIS option? I'd love to keep my 987.2's driving/fog lights on when I turn the headlights on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
On my 2007 it was possible to set them with PIWIS. The dealer turned the DRLs on when I was in for service.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still can't figure out why I can't access the lights in the 4th stalk.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Not quite able to do this correctly, lest the way I want. I thought the LED DRLs are also fog lights, but no way to get them to come on once the headlights are on.

Hmm went through the manual, I pull the switch out and only get the rear fog light. I'm wondering if my switch is faulty.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not sure what exactly you are asking, but are you aware that it is illegal to have drl's on at night because they are too bright? Some cars do have the drl's stay on at night, but that is only because they dim when the headlights are activated.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After playing with my switch for 5 minutes I believe the front foglights just don't exist. There is only one click on my switch when you pull it out.

I just wanted to keep the led strip on when the headlights are on, like the 997 and most propaganda I have seen with the 987.2. I do realize they are fairly bright as they light the neighbors house [retty well on their own. But to me the car is missing a little evening personality when the bi-xeon's are on and the DRL/fogs or whatever they want to call them are off.

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
After playing with my switch for 5 minutes I believe the front foglights just don't exist. There is only one click on my switch when you pull it out.
After looking at your manual, it appears to depend upon what kind of lights you have. If you have bi-xenon, then there are no front fog lights. If you have halogen low beans, then you do. In terms of DRLs, it clearly says "The daytime driving lights can be deactivated in the on-board computer."

However, Dennisg is correct. It is most likely illegal to have DRLs and low beams on at the same time. OTH, its obviously legal to have the fogs and low beams on at the same time, in the fog, if you have front fog lights. I guess it depends upon what kind of headlights you have.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Odd i read page 80, should have been 78. I thought I was/am going crazy.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone know internally how the DRL lights work? Is the led strip on the bottom really just a funky reflector or
Is it a different circuit. What I really just want the led strip on with the headlights, not the large lights above. I might mess around with tinting the upper part.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK I feel like a dork. The LED strip below the DRL's is on. I thought this to be a single light. The LED strip can't be seen (easily) in the bumper of the car in front of me so I figured they were off. When I looked with the car running the strip is on with the headlights. It's just hard to see them unless your on plane with them so looking from the top down you might think they are off if you're standing at the headlight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts