Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick PSA for everybody, to keep up on their maintenance!

Car has 44000KM (27000 Miles). I just picked up the car second hand a month ago, and I'm going through the process of doing the following:

Oil Change - MOBIL 1
Transmission Fluid Flush - OEM Porsche
Power Steering Fluid Flush - OEM Porsche
Brake Fluid Flush - AP Racing
Coolant Flush - G12 Coolant
Spark Plugs - OEM NGK
Coil Packs - OEM Porsche
Air Filter - MANN
Cabin Air Filter - MANN
CV Boots - OEM Porsche
Throttle Body Cleaning
Alignment

Low Temperature Thermostat
GT3 Master Cylinder
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
GT3 Brake Ducts
Magnetic Drain Plug

So far, my shop's only sent me pictures of the Brake Fluid, Coil Packs, and Spark Plugs. Looks like they've been in the case since new, so it's a good time to get them done now!

Will update with more photos if they send me more!

Brake Fluid so dirty it looks like Engine Oil!

Look at how bad the plugs are!

Cracked Coil Pack!

I was having a slight hesitation issue when cruising at around 2000RPM, I could feel my RPMs jump up and back down, but it didn't happen all the time. Hoping that all this will fix/solve that issue!

I expect everything else to be quite dirty also! Funny thing is, car felt, and drove great prior to this. Can't wait to see what kind of difference I feel after all the maintenance is done! :beer:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great that you're investing in keeping your car running optimally. do share more!
Yessir! Any used car that I buy, will have all the fluids done, regardless of what the previous owner said he did or not.

Just like it for peace of mind and everything. And it's easier for me to keep tabs on when I need to do maintenance next!

Treat your car well, and it'll treat you well!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think your shop did a great job there..

lemon
Yessir! My shop does great work. The owner drives a Cayman S also, so he knows his way around the car.

He's the one that recommended the GT3 MC to me and the Low Temp Thermostat too. Saved me the trouble of doing a coolant flush again down the line, and a brake fluid flush too.

This way, I don't have to touch my fluids again regardless of what mods I do!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great reminder - just picked up my new to me '06 CS and I have oil change, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, spark plugs, and wipers on my list next week. I think I'll add brake fluid and have them check the rest of the fluids while they're there.

The car had new tires and battery right before I purchase, and I was able to get new F/R pads thrown on as well before I purchased.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which shop do you go to?
It's a shop called Kwai Office in Hong Kong.

Also very interested in hearing what effect if any the maintenance has on the hesitation at 2000rpm. I'm experiencing this too (more convo on it here: How can I achieve smoother launches?)
Hopefully! Though, I'm an AT, so maybe it'll be different. My shop felt that it seemed like a Throttle Body issue, though it's very puzzling. I'm hoping that this fixes the issue. If not, then truthfully, I barely even notice it that much anymore, since I'm usually in Sport + Manual Mode anyways!

Great reminder - just picked up my new to me '06 CS and I have oil change, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, spark plugs, and wipers on my list next week. I think I'll add brake fluid and have them check the rest of the fluids while they're there.

The car had new tires and battery right before I purchase, and I was able to get new F/R pads thrown on as well before I purchased.
Yessir! It's definitely something that you need to take a look at! My tires are Goodyear F1 Eagle Assymetrics. Not the best, but they'll do. Manufactuered late 2012, and they've got about 75% tread, so I'll leave them until they're done. Get more value out of it! My brakes are also okay, probably at least another 6-9 months, and at the rate i'm driving, potentially another year before they're even due for replacement. Will see though!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Yessir! Any used car that I buy, will have all the fluids done, regardless of what the previous owner said he did or not.

Just like it for peace of mind and everything. And it's easier for me to keep tabs on when I need to do maintenance next!

Treat your car well, and it'll treat you well!

yes, good points - a well maintained car is a happy car!
the plugs look a lot dirtier than I imagined for the mileage.

Did the shop recommend the same plugs or switch to iridium?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

yes, good points - a well maintained car is a happy car!
the plugs look a lot dirtier than I imagined for the mileage.

Did the shop recommend the same plugs or switch to iridium?
I actually ordered all the parts myself through ECS Tuning, and brought it to them for them to do the installations.

I actually found out after I could've run the Iridium NGK Race ones, but oh well. The car doesn't get raced anyways!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts