Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Boxster. Sometimes, seemingly randomly, one of the key fobs will not work to unlock the car, etc. I get right up to the car and push the unlock button, then the lock button, then unlock, etc. and nothing happens. So I get the other key and it works fine and off I go. Later, the first key will work fine. After a few days it will happen again, although it may be that the second fob won't work but the first one will. The message that the battery in the fob is low and needs to be replaced has never come up on the multi-function display. I just replaced the batteries in both fobs because that seemed to be the obvious thing to do. It did not help. They both still work intermittently. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Not sure if it's related, but randomly my key will not lock or unlock the car remotely. I know the battery is good. It works if I pull the metal key and manually unlock the car. I have found that if I pull the back cover off, pull the battery out and then put it all back together again everything works fine. I suspect that a button (or several) get pressed when the key is in my pocket and puts the remote in some kind of a weird state. Removing the battery seems to reset it and everything is fine for several weeks or months until it happens again.

·
Registered
487 Posts
My key fob just started doing this same thing. First time was about 3 weeks ago, but it's becoming a lot more frequent almost every other day. I got a new key fob battery, but it didn't help. Pull the battery out and put it back in and seems to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts