Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is my first winter storing my 2006 Cayman S; I am asking anybody who has had their Porsche and stored it over the winter if there is anything I need to do to ensure my key fob works properly in the spring when she comes out of hibernation.
There is lots of info on do's and dont's about the fob. I've read a few posts about having to go to the dealers to get the key reprogramed after having problems with the imobilizer, the fob not unlocking doors, hood and trunk when it sits unused for long periods.

Any additional winter tips from the many Porsche Vet's on this site would be great

Thanks

I have it in my garage on a trickle charger.

Chris651

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
The fob intentionally stops working after approximately 7 days of inactivity as a security and power saving feature. All one has to do to reactivate it is manually unlock the door with the key. No dealer visit or reprogramming is required. It is explained in the owner's manual. When I used to store mine over the winter I would also add some additional air in the tires to help prevent flat spots.:cheers:

·
Registered
248 Posts
The fob intentionally stops working after approximately 7 days of inactivity as a security and power saving feature. All one has to do to reactivate it is manually unlock the door with the key. No dealer visit or reprogramming is required. It is explained in the owner's manual. When I used to store mine over the winter I would also add some additional air in the tires to help prevent flat spots.:cheers:
Perhaps cars with Keyless entry are different - I have left mine for 3 weeks at a time and have never had to do anything different with the Fob.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts