Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I park my car in the garage I leave the keys in the passenger seat. Yesterday when I tried to open the door the car was locked. I checked and the keys were sitting on the passenger seat as always.

Went back into the house and got the spare key. First try the door opened.

How could the car lock itself? I had driven the car 2 days prior and it never sits for more than 2-3 days.

I didn't find this in the search.

Thanks

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts
Perhaps the sequence was take keys out of ignition, open door, get out toss keys on seat, door locks activated?

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
That is very strange. The only time I've seen the car re-lock itself is when I when I come up to my locked car, unlock via the remote, then not open the door because I got distracted by something. It will re-lock after some time, but the key is still in my possesion.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sequence: Put car in park (PDK), turned off ignition, put keys on seat, opened door, shut the door and walked away. I did not activate the door locks.

Thankfully this did not happen later in the day. Dealer suggest cycling the key in the door lock 4 times.

Thanks

·
Kestrel Racing
578 Posts
Leave all the keys in my cars, all the time, has never happened to me.
Hummm... so my Black Forest friend, where do you live exactly?

:)

Hint: Don't leave keys in the car. Ever. They belong on the outside of the car unless you are driving it. :taunt:

·
On Probation
582 Posts
Hummm... so my Black Forest friend, where do you live exactly?

:)

Hint: Don't leave keys in the car. Ever. They belong on the outside of the car unless you are driving it. :taunt:
trenton nj....the keys are in mine most of the time...lets see what ya got

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
On the newer models I wouldn't think just tossing the keys would cause it to lock. Takes a definite, deliberate press to actuate. Unlike the older ones where any bump would open a trunk, unlock a door etc.

I should add that this is one thing that really makes me wish the valet key hadn't been discontinued. If you're out somewhere this would suck and you can't call OnStar.

·
On Probation
582 Posts
All 3 P-cars are in my garage in Murrland, Eastern Shoaaa, come and get 'em....
whadda ya gittin with the money....i know what i,m ordering or i should say reordering

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've tried to reproduce this several times today and it hasn't happened again. That's good but it still leaves me a bit worried.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts