Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of us carry small fire extinguishers in our cars and many are probably Kidde or made by Kidde. Look here to see if yours has been recalled. Kidde Home Safety
Just click on the link. Both of mine are being recalled.

Mods, will let you post this where you think it will do the most good.

Reactions: Budman

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Thanks for this. I just happen to have two that were being recalled also. Kept them in the kitchen. The process is to submit the model and serial number with name and address and they claim they will send replacements in 15-20 days, including instructions on what to do with the recalled product. We shall see I guess.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Good to know. I had 3 from a long time ago, and now that I checked them, 1 was heavily discharged; probably something wrong with the plastic mechanism, since metal ones are not affected. One was missing the label, so we'll see if I get 2 or 3, but the other 2 look perfectly fine. Thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
This hit the TV news, IIRC Friday morning; in mere minutes, I had a confirmation from Kidde that our kitchen extinguisher as affected and a replacement is being sent. Nobody likes product recalls but Kidde is handling it well. :)

Alarmingly, I have extinguishers in neither of our daily-drivers. Hmm, there's one in the Tiger, need to check that.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Thanks very much for this. I called them yesterday, and they picked right up with no holding. 10 minutes on the phone and they're shipping me three new ones.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey, could you please post (or PM me) the number? Googled one but no answer there. Sent the info via the link on first post, and no reply yet. Thx.

Consumer Contact:
Kidde toll-free at 855-271-0773 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET Saturday and Sunday, or online at www.kidde.com and click on “Product Safety Recall” for more information.

The phone message said they're actually open 9-9 EST. You have to go through a couple of menu options, but then they picked right up with no hold time.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Thanks Larry. That's the one I found. Hmmm. Will try again tomorrow, since no email reply yet. And better to talk to them since one of my 3 units didn't have the S/N label. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.