Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LoL

I'm telling you: If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all! I should definitely preface with, after three previous Porsches, I've NEVER ever had issues like I'm having with my fourth (the 981).

So, the previous thread about turning noise (I do have the tire sliding sound, which didn't occur with the 19''s on my 987) led me to the "knocking" noise thread, in which the OP had to have a new steering rack installed. I've had a turning, loud-knocking noise (not the twisty spring sound), since I purchased the car but never let it bother me enough to have it looked at. After reading that thread, I'm going to have the dealer take a look and I'll report back.

And this morning I noticed... (drumroll!)

My emblem fell off! The top half de-laminated from the epoxy holding it on! I seriously doubt it was stolen because the entire thing was un-blemished. Literally, top face just came right off! LoL

Is anyone else HALF as cool as me?! :dance:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
LoL

I'm telling you: If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all! I should definitely preface with, after three previous Porsches, I've NEVER ever had issues like I'm having with my fourth (the 981).

So, the previous thread about turning noise (I do have the tire sliding sound, which didn't occur with the 19''s on my 987) led me to the "knocking" noise thread, in which the OP had to have a new steering rack installed. I've had a turning, loud-knocking noise (not the twisty spring sound), since I purchased the car but never let it bother me enough to have it looked at. After reading that thread, I'm going to have the dealer take a look and I'll report back.

And this morning I noticed... (drumroll!)

My emblem fell off! The top half de-laminated from the epoxy holding it on! I seriously doubt it was stolen because the entire thing was un-blemished. Literally, top face just came right off! LoL

Is anyone else HALF as cool as me?! :dance:
WOW. Sorry to hear this. Didn't want to like the post since it was all bad things. The emblem will be an easy fix. The noise? Maybe not so easy. Good luck and keep us updated.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
That's some carwash you go to. They dry the bling with emory cloth?
Hey, that isn't one of those washes that grab your front wheel and drag the car along like a convict in ankle shackles?

·
Registered
311 Posts
IIRC, the steering rack wasnt the culprit, it turned out to be the shock bushings. I need to re-read the thread though...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LoL

Not sure it was the car wash just yet... let's see what the dealer says.

I'm in good spirits though... I still love my car. :)

And thanks, Magnetworks! I should finish reading the entire thread. LoL

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I think the service adviser has a crush on you so he does this to your car on purpose for you to come back :cheers:

Anyway, good luck in sorting all these out.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Haha! I wouldn't say "crush". More like: his skin crawls when he hears ANOTHER message from me!

And, Andy, new-car warranties are like STD meds: It's great that they're there, but you never want a reason to need them!!:taunt:

Lol's on the STD meds. Sorry to hear you are having all these issues. It takes all the fun away, but once the bugs are gone, hopefully will be back smiling with joy!

·
Registered
441 Posts
IIRC, the steering rack wasnt the culprit, it turned out to be the shock bushings. I need to re-read the thread though...
Yeah, that was me. It was indeed a missing part from the strut top mount bearing package. The noise was only when turning while reversing, at least in my case.

Good luck!
George

1 - 11 of 11 Posts