Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had some service done to my '08 CS at the dealer recently. I had the brake fluid flush, my "phantom window" fixed (just greased), and my horn replaced (low tone). I didn't notice it while driving home, but on the on the way to work now, i notice whenever i take right turns, i hear a knocking sound. it seems like a rhythmic knocking, so it doesn't speed up or slow down or anything, just constant knocking till i basically straighten out. Anyone have any ideas what it could be? Should i continue to drive on it? The dealer can't fit me in immediately. So i have to wait a week to take it in.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've just notice a similar sound from my 07 CS, this week. Right hand turns only, sound coming from the right rear tire area, like a caliper/pad scrubbing. It isn't loud but I hear everything. Unfortunately my girl is in storage for 3 weeks so it will have to wait before I can investigate this.
Please post any finding you come up with.
Cheers!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
found out it was a plastic piece on my Left Front tire side. Just some cover down there. They're making me pay to replace it, although i'm 100% certain, my car did not make this sound before i took it in for service. That's the same side the unmounted and changed my tire on. I am quickly disliking this porsche dealership. They said, they've never had to replace one and think i hit a bump or something. i live outside of New Orleans, and our streets are smooth, no way i did it. and if i hit a bump or pothole, i'd know. i'm currently driving w/o the piece in b/c they said it was ok, and getting a new one in next week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.