Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to post a note about these struts. They are the yellow sport struts with the rebound damper adjustment at the top. Purchased these last month when they were on sale for 20% off. Just got them a couple of weeks ago and I just finished installing them over the weekend.

The damper adjuster at the top increases the rear shock height by about 10mm ish over the stock unit. It's enough that it causes interference with the plastic trim piece that covers the strut tower inside the vehicle. You can snap the piece down in place but the adjuster rod is jammed up against the plastic quite hard. Sent Koni an email about this and they basically said drill a hole.

So if anyone decides to opt for these you'll either need to drill a hole and make it look nice with some kind of cap/grommet or just see what happens without modification.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If I was worried about the aesthetics, I’d probably make a hole in the trim large enough for an adjusting knob to fit and then leave a knob installed on both rear struts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I planned on doing was similar. I'm going to drill a hole that's large enough for everything to fit through but I'm going to keep it to standard sizing. Then I'll install a rubber grommet around the hole and paint the top of the adjuster black. It should turn out well. I'll post a picture next week when I'm done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts