Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, for those who don't know, LeaseCompare.Com is a sponsor/advertiser on this site. The story I am about to relate is not due to them being a sponsor, but rather everything to do with the kind of service they provide, particularly the principal Tarry Shebasta. If you are thinking about buying or leasing a car, any car, I can highly recommend Tarry and his company.

As some of you know a couple of years ago we leased a Jeep Wrangler 4 door through LeaseCompare.com and got a great rate and were very happy. Then this summer my wife decided in order to try to bring in some extra income for the family she would try her hand at selling real estate. She passed her tests, got her license and needed a vehicle to take people around in to look at houses so we traded the Jeep in on a Hyundai Genesis sedan (great sedan btw) which we ended up keeping for all of 5 months (held its value well too only $1k down). The real estate broker she went to work for had not been entirely honest with her so she changed her mind and decided to go back to school for her nursing degree. Well, we didn't need a big sedan anymore and she really really missed her Jeep. So we decided to try and find another and sure enough she located one nearby that met her criteria. We negotiated a deal with the dealership and I called Tarry to get his best lease rates.

First, his lease rates were far better than what Chrysler Jeep was offering, to the tune of almost $100/mo better with what I believe was a more realistic residual and a better money factor / interest rate. Ok done deal right? Well not exactly. Our local dealership told us that the Chrysler $1000 coupon they had applied to get the price down to what we wanted couldn't be used if we used 3rd party leasing. WTF? This instantly blew up the whole deal as we were not paying an extra $1000 out of our pocket.

This is where Tarry stepped in, not only did he instantly go find and negotiate deal on other similarly equipped Jeeps at dealerships within 500 miles of us, but he also made contacts to fleet people at Chrysler Jeep and worked with them and the local dealer to get the dealership and Chrysler Jeep to accept the coupons AND the 3rd party leasing. So in the end we went with the local dealer's car because Tarry helped us secure the coupons and the best lease rate.

But wait, there's more! He also got the dealer to drop the ridiculous $189 paperwork fee (don't we all hate those?) and his team is taking care of all the licensing and registration in our state for us, we simply needed to pick up the Jeep and drive off and the plates arrive in the mail. Did I mention that he kept in touch with us by email AND text messaging? How many people have you bought a car through text message you at 7pm when they have an update for you? Tarry and his company were outstanding in that regard. The overnighted paperwork to us and used a wire transfer to the dealer to cut days off of the turn around time over the Thanksgiving holiday and got my wife her Jeep in time for her to drive across state to see her father in the hospital. A great holiday feel-good story there.

I can't say enough about the positive experience we had and would encourage any of our members looking to either buy or lease (yes they can find cars for you or help you with a buy vs. a lease too) to at least pick up the phone and call them or shoot them an email. We saved at least $1189 up front and more during the term of the lease via lower payments and my wife is very happy. Now I need to go upload some pictures of her new Jeep!

Thanks Tarry and LeaseCompare.Com!

Here is the "Red Devil" We call it that because the VIN# ends in 666 - No Joke! :hilarious:

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Very cool story, very cool Jeep and the photos make me miss OPK.

I've read some of Tarry's stuff and will go out of my way to work with him when my "Cayman Moment" arrives. I've been impressed with the way his group seem to do business.

Great to read this!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts