Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Since Michelins PSS are not available in Europe in standard size for front wheels (235/40/18), I am seriously considering to go one size bigger for both the front and the rear.

Has anyone tried running PSS in 245/40/18 + 275/40/18 on stock wheels ? Will they fit properly on 18x8J and 18x9J ?

PS2 are available in standard size, but I'd really like to get the PSS for their extra performance and longer life.

Cheers,

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,107 Posts
What does the Michelin site recommend for acceptable wheel width in those sizes. They should give you a range. If not, look on the tirerack site.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
245/275 will fit fine on your wheels. That's what I used.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies.
I have checked tirerack and it seems PSS in larger size should fit (the minimum allowed rim widths are 8J for 245 and 9J for 275).
This information combined with real world experience :) gives me confidence to go ahead and get the PSS.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Gotta love PSSs.. I'm on my fourth set across two cars. They've been an ideal street performance and "non hard-core" track tire for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everything worked out fine. 245/40/18 and 275/40/18 are perfect on stock Cayman 987.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Everything worked out fine. 245/40/18 and 275/40/18 are perfect on stock Cayman 987.
Thanks for the help
Any problem with ABS, PSA or speedo error? Notice a handling difference with the heavier tires? Slower acceleration?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problems with ABS or any traction control system. The speedo error should be around 1% so it's not noticeable.
Can't tell the difference in acceleration (I have just switched from 17' winter tyres).
As far as I know PSS are ligher than other options of the same size so I guess there should be minimal differences coming from regular sized PS2.
The overall feeling is quite good, it seems much harder to lose traction in round-abouts :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts