Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We took the Boxster to Breckenridge Nordic Center for our last day of skating this season. The ride was great, the snow was mush.

But like they say, a bad day skiing is better than a great day at work ;) ... Tom

Top down weather .....

Breckenridge Nordic Center ...

A Guinness moment .....

·
Registered
235 Posts
There's been some late season snow around here and my knee has healed enough for a little alpine skiing. Today was a bluebird day with a half-foot of fresh snow and very few fellow skiers. I was able to ski this morning and make fresh lines on a number of pitches and catch some powder between othes tracks as well. Pretty remarkable day really.
In the afternoon I pulled my CS out and blasted around in it, including up and down the canyon. A nearly perfect day of carving turns in the AM and PM under beautiful, blue spring sky's. :)
BW

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Ski resort here shut down last weekend, no one is interested anymore. Resort is called Sun Peaks and will be hosting the Porsche Escape later this year. Check it out and better still show up!:banana:

·
Registered
418 Posts
There's been some late season snow around here and my knee has healed enough for a little alpine skiing. Today was a bluebird day with a half-foot of fresh snow and very few fellow skiers. I was able to ski this morning and make fresh lines on a number of pitches and catch some powder between othes tracks as well. Pretty remarkable day really.
In the afternoon I pulled my CS out and blasted around in it, including up and down the canyon. A nearly perfect day of carving turns in the AM and PM under beautiful, blue spring sky's. :)
BW

I feel sick with jealousy.....

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Humph
We just have to put up with what seems like eternal sunshine here. Damn.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Late Spring is the time for perfect corn snow. Forget the lifts. Hiking is easy on the harder frozen surfaces. Go anywhere, ski anything.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I hear ya. Last day of snowboarding was this past Saturday, 4/17. *Sniff*
But I've taken up longboard skateboarding for the summer ;-)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Craig wrote...I hear ya. Last day of snowboarding was this past Saturday, 4/17. *Sniff* But I've taken up longboard skateboarding for the summer.
I feel your pain... both for the end of the snow season, and for the much harder asphalt snow :)

Today was the start of my roller ski season. Great workout and technique training, but somehow not quite the real deal...

Porsche 987 ... The ultimate equipment van

On the road again....

I made a T-shirt iron-on transfer for the new off-season :cheers: It's modeled after a small icon I saw on-line.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Did this one today, a small north face.
Dry snow, pulver, two days old.

This face is visible from my house, it is located on a smaller, local mountain, often chosen because it is easily accessible.

I expect the season to end some day in juli, so this was quite far from being the last ski day i hope, though for this one this was definitely an unexpected bonus day.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Øyvind wrote...expect the season to end some day in juli
Simply beautiful ! Enjoy your extended ski season. In the meantime I will pretend to be Petter Northug while roller skiing on the roads
until next winter :burnout: Tom

Today's Skiing....

Yesterday's ride ... Last winter's snow is today's whitewater :cheers: .... North Fork / S. Platte river

Tomorrow... CX and XC ... Retirement is hell !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts